Released Depth of Field Effect

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Ur64n 50ulj4h

Ur64n 50ulj4h Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that, I'm all good though and hopefully going home tomorrow :cool:. Was just tiresome seeing his tedious comments appearing in what felt like every thread I read yesterday :( He's on ignore now, so I can continue enjoying my reading and get back to lurking :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    To anyone that is having trouble using the ctrl + M command to bring up the DOF menu that tells you what buttons do what... (saw some reports of issues in other threads, but cant remember which... )

When entering the game, go to the video settings. From there, click on the "custom" options. About halfway down that list is the Depth of Field setting. This must be turned ON. Otherwise, you will be like me and have trouble with the DOF command not working :D

Once you have DOF enabled in the video settings... Make sure you have the "Free flight" camera setting mapped to a button. To do this, go to control settings, then secondary. Scroll about halfway down and find the Free Flight key binding. Map it to whatever you want. I chose "Q".

Now, once those 2 steps are done, go into any session. I'll use a practice session for this example. Exit the pits and click the button you have mapped for the free flight camera. Now, you may press ctrl+M and it will bring up the DOF command menu!

Now, you will be able to adjust the DoF however you like and take snazzy screenshots like @Georg Ortner ;)

Cheers

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1