A replay camera edit tool?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bee, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking about the cams in replays. All games i own have these pre-made set of camera views which are selectable during replay view. I would like it if i would be able to set my own cam views during a replay.
    I thought of the following:
    During replay i press a cam edit button. In this edit mode i can free fly the camera to a certain position. Once locked in place i can alter the camera behaviour: to stay focussed at 1 spot, follow the selected car and the duration to go to the next camera. Once set, i give the camera position a number "1" if it is the first camera etc. Or i could choose a certain camera helicopter height and angle in which the camersa follows the selected car the whole circuit around.
    Once i have placed all camera's i save the camera file and give it a name. Et Voila...a custom camera set has been created.

Just a thought while you S3 devs have nothing to do;)

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Right now you can play with cam files, but it's bit annoying, since you set it's position by putting it's coordinates.
    There was pretty cool tool for rFactor, which also worked with Race07, where you could set cameras with map of a track, so you roughly knew what will be final effect - usually i didn't need to fine-tune it too much.

R3E uses same system as rFactor (or rather Race07, because camera works slightly different there, mostly the way how it zooms) but it has been upgraded a bit with some new parameters. But even basic one from rF was really good but most modders didn't really used it's full potential. Even if it wasn't that time-consuming (i needed only 1-2hours to recreate camera positions which are used in real to our league broadcasts)

But i would like to get hands on some tool to edit cams :)

• Like Like x 1