AI Behavior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frost, Sep 16, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Im getting the Ai slowing for no apparent reason ! They seem to just give the spot to me every couple of laps and it is really annoying as i cant have a race with them :(
    GT3R around Nürburgring is the latest using Adaptive Ai .
    How can i reset the Ai learning ? Maybe something is wrong ith the algorithm on my end .
    Post #86 was another post i made of the same issue with other cars and track . but i could see they where slowing for a spun car way ahead of them around a few corners ahead , still the way the cars are slowing it is nothing to do with the incident 2 to 3 corners ahead , its like a virtual safety car is triggered or something .

2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Has someone experience with the ai at Ningbo Full track layout ?
    I did a few races with Touring Classics on different tracks and i noticed the ai is way slower on Ningbo Full track layout than on every other track. They are at least 3 sec slower than my pace with the same ai level i play on other tracks.

3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Completely reset it?
    Just delete the aiadaptation.xml file. Raceroom will generate a fresh one when you start the game again.
    You may want to do a backup first though, just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I just stopped using the AAI. Every time I have to restart the learning process after a “big” update. That said, the AAI in RRE is really outstanding imho.
    I now race with the fixed AI set to 95%-100% and it works great for me. Although I believe the AAI adapts to your racing line and the fixed AI not. Am I correct?

5. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    aai only adapts to your speed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok. Thanks for the clarification. :)

7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    A few updates today with some Ai tweaks but no mention of 92 DTM :(

8. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I apologize, but I have a couple of possibly stupid question - just because I don't quite understand how the AAI updates.
    1) Could you not just copy the 'aiadaptation' file to a safe place, and then replace the new one with the one you've created. or would that preclude you from getting any of the update changes?
    2) How do you know that the old AAI file has been overwritten with an update - does it get reset with each AI tweak?

9. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    The ai with GT3:s on Imola is still a mess with constant spins and yellow flags. :(
    Hope they will sort this soon.

10. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    The reason people delete their old file and retrain is because a physics update can dramatically affect the ai at a given level... eg the the new physics may mean the ai now needs to run a couple of notches higher to lap at the same speed

Keeping it simple; when you are using aai the game analyses the historical laps speed of the ai at a given level and compares it to the the last 10 laps you raced and then sets the ai to a level that matches your speed.

New physics means that your old data is wrong so it can become quite messy and take many races to sort itself out. Retraining from scratch only takes 3-5 races to get it close (note the first track/car class combo takes a little longer but after you've done a couple of tracks with that class of car it adapts faster)

You can look at the raw data in the adaption file; I used to do that to understand what was happening but now I don't bother

• Like Like x 3
  11. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the concise reply.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Does it have to be races or can it go off of your lap times when practicing or qualifying?

13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Afaik only races

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    You can use that AI training tool. Works nicely. If you do a search here you will be able to find it without problems.
    Very handy tool to train the AAI quickly.

15. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Where is the AI tool? Do you know what discussion it was? The bad thing is here you can't search for words with less then 3 letters

16. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
  17. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
  18. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  19. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
  20. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Don't think it's necessary. I've still got the 'old' lap-times, and from the little testing I've had time to do, they're still in the right ball-park. Biggest difference I've run into so far has been 1.2 seconds, the rest are within .4 seconds.

Granted, thus far we're talking 6 combos I've tested, so it's by no means a thorough sampling. But right now I see no reason to bother starting over with the AAI.