Ai editing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jynn, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    It would be really nice to be able to edit the strength of individual AI so that the field is not still doing the conga line 0.5 seconds in front of each other 8 laps into the race. It can be really frustrating that you might be leading the race, go wide onto the grass just once and go from first to last in 1 bad corner. It also means there is a very small window of AI strength that is appropriate for your skill, as otherwise you're way faster than everyone or way slower, rather than being faster than some, slower than others which makes for more meaningful races.

Races in real life always have gaps after a shortish space of time and other games (SCE being the best example of ease of use) also allow the ability to edit AI, so it would be great if raceroom can do it too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    All AI drivers already have an individual talent value assigned, some are more "talented" than others, so they should behave differently.
    Might depend on which class, race lenght etc. we're talking about here tho, might not be as prominent or obvious in some classes as in others.

3. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I've been doing GT3 mostly, and their pace seems to be very very similar. Is there no way to edit these talent values?

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Was this level negotiated with the drivers/managers or was it auctioned bidding highest?:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not that I'm aware of. What difficulty/AI level, race length - generally speaking what race setup are you using and which track did you notice this on?
    As we all know, the taller the driver the more talented he is. So their physical height is what those values are based on.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm 6'3". :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Wide

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Technically yes, but as I never get out of bed anymore that really turned into my height. ;)

8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    beat you: 6 feet (5 9/16) inches:D
    not this
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, lankey, talent is only part of what makes you a great driver... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm with the OP, I'd love to be able to do this, being able to do so in the likes of GTR2 gace me infinitely more use and enjoyment from that game.

11. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Agree with OP. Lately I've been messing around with SP again and I wish the field was more spread out. It just makes the racing more enjoyable for all the reasons mentioned in OP and feels less like a bunch of AI.

In GSCE (and presumably any rFactor derived game) you could tweak the AIRange value of a track to spread the field out more. Some also have an AI Limiter value in the PLR file that when set to anything other than 0 will cause the AI to artificially keep together in terms of time and speeds.