AI/Pits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gopher04, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Would it be possible to mix it up abit when they leave the pits? ie, at the moment in practice/qualifying sessions it like a train leaving the pits everyone goes out at the same time which really doesn't happen, so having some sort of random order would be good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Also, why do ALL the AI enter the pits at the same time during a race? Its usually on the last lap that the pits are open. It really slows down the AI and you gain a huge advantage by coming in one lap earlier than them. Is this a bug?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Agree on both points. AI behaviour needs more randomness and character. Seeing the whole field scramble out of the pits at the same time during qually, and into the pits at the same time during a race, detracts from the immersion a little.

But then I'm not sure how far Sector3 will develop the AI. They've made some nice developments so far but the focus of R3E will be online racing and GTR3 more of an offline experience.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  4. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Another issue with every car going into the pits is having to share a spot with an AI car. I made the strategic mistake of waiting until the last lap to pit (along with every other AI car in the field) to find my pit spot was occupied by another AI car. Fortunately, the game allowed me to double up in the spot by ghosting the AI car. I love the manual pit stops, just need to fix these immersion breaking issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Don't think we need to worry. The more things get trialed and tested the better it is for both products, especially GTR, given the expectations. Imo the SP difference is more around off track, damage, career & championship polish etc. Lots of possibilities to add value. No need to sacrifice core AI algorithms, especially for a single race. Any dollar spent now to improve AI in live conditions, safes time later.
    Maybe they add more effects for endurance races, fatigue, AI handling a damaged car etc. but basics better be nailed before.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    AI programmers != MP programmers.

Working on 1 does not exclude the other from being worked on. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0