Problem AI pitting

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Muca, May 1, 2016.

1. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,

I noticed that the AI (GTR3 at least) does not a proper pit. Even at 1 hour races the AI pits around 4 seconds. That means they dont get fuel or new tires. The 4 seconds are just the preparing phase. The whole pitting is non sense right now. If I pit I lose ~15-25 seconds to the AI which is ridiculous.

I hope you guys fix that because I think this is intentional.

Edit: ADAC GTM Experience works obviously fine because there is a minimum pit time.

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    How are you losing so much time to the AI? Are you in the pits taking fuel which makes the stop take that long?

3. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. To add fuel for 30 minutes you will lose >10 seconds to the AI. It is not fixed because it depends how much fuel is added but the process is very slow. The AI starts with fuel for the whole race and doesn't change tires. So it comes to pit and does nothing.
    Pitting is non sense right now.

Even If I end up at 5th place after the qualifying, the AI is quite slow at the start because of the weight. Even with ok lap times they are much slower than me.

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    They do get new tires, but since refueling takes pretty long, they will always try to take fuel for the whole race in the beginning. This is what they do in real life, so I don't think there is anything to fix.

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    They AI only changes the front tyres, not all four. They start with race distance fuel as well. This explains the discrepancy.