AI ramming you around...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doclucio, Nov 24, 2018.

1. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    newbie here so just to ask...i was with 911 cup on zolder, the Ai was 100, when i was braking they hurt me from the back violently and also in turns sometimes also if i am on my line they crash me apart (i noticed this especially on chicanes), any advice?!?

2. Rends

Rends Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Happened to me too sometimes when braking to early or driving to slow or wrong raceline.
    Guess AI expect you to know the track. The better you are less it happens.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    What car class? Has an influenc eon these things. Also own driving has quite some to do with it, experience tells. Finally, one spot at Zolder, the left-right chicane, I seem to recall to have a confirmed issue with the ideal line for AI, its marked for correction in a later patch.

4. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    ah ok, thks for the advice, i was driving with AI 100 but maybe i should try adaptive?!?

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have learned over the last few weeks that it is very very important to have the ai set at the right level. Adaptive AI works really well and will only take a few races to ajust to your speed. It's on a class/track basis so you do have to go through the learning process several times. Trust me though, it's worth it

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Correct !

7. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    so i should leave it on for some races then it autosets the ai level?!?

8. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello Doclucio

The brutal clashes of the IA are problems of origin that were never resolved, a lot of YouTube videos prove what I say

Sadly it is not in the plans to improve.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Says who?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I missed something but in what part do they say they are going to work to improve AI and not suffer aggressive attacks as it has been happening for years?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/339753963

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So nobody said that there's no plans to improve AI, yet you keep alleging that that's the case. You think that's ok?

As you've been told many many times before, the AI is constantly being worked on, trying to improve their behaviour in all sorts of situations. Nothing about that has changed, and just like most patches in the past the upcoming patch will include AI improvements as well.

When was the last time you played the game yourself?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    They had almost 2 hours and 30 minutes to talk and did not say anything about AI aggression, obviously they are not interested in the subject.

Game offline every time a patch comes out and always the same, shocks.

I tried everything (AAI, lower AI, reinstall everything etc), you must understand that it is not about driving style, it is a problem of the game, so new and old players keep complaining

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    There have always been ‚issues‘ with the AI with some car/track combinations more, with others less, more for some guys here and less for others... but as stated in countless threads over the last years, with AI, you always have to be a bit more cautious as with real drivers. Don’t expect them to behave like humans, evaluating overtaking chances and risks, for the situation, the race or even championship... think for them too, leave more room, have more spacial awareness and you will have great races with the AI.
    ...I don’t want to sound unkind, but it’s the same discussion over and over again... and as always, with no result in the end.

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So once again you ignore the things I said and you refuse to answer my question.
    Cheers, I'm out. I rather spend my time not wasting it, watching some paint dry or counting my feet.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    ok so to have a better experience do you think is better lowering AI or leave it on adaptive?!?Anyway i will try both...The game is very good, hope they will continue develop it as they are doing now. I have taken the full pack for black friday and happy with it!! ;)

16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Not if you do not know what "adaptive AI" means. There are several threads explaining it, in brief: you have to tune/train the AI in every car class. [Guys, was it also per track? I forgot] It will start with a fixed setting of 80, then go up according to your performance in the first lap, you then can quit after the first two laps, having done just one full lap (thats the second lap in game, usually). AI then will slowly change by smaller and smaller increments depending on your performance in the first full laps of past sessions, but by experience you probably need at lest three or four such short sessions. and do this in every car class.

The system works, but is slow and needs dedication, also AI alwas stats at 80, whcih is too slow for most.

I thus have left it behind again, and simply started to ruhj with fixed AI 94, then when founding I could adaptr to it, inmcreased it to 95, 96 and now 97. With 97 or 06 I usually hit the sweet sport were I can keep up with the maion field of the AI, and am competitive, but I must fight and do well to make it to the top ranks - which never is guaranteed. I get plenty of duels with the pack this way, and that is where the fun is. The final rank is not that interetsing to me. The finishing line is just for orientation - the goal is the travel, right?

I would recommend fixed setting 90, then depending on how it works for you: 95 or 85, and then changing slowly by 1-point steps. Adative AI else can keep you in a longn adaptation process. If yopu are an alien, you porbaly want to start with 105, then 100 or 110, and the work in 1 point steps. It does not work necessarily faster than the adaptive AI, but it gets oyu into the range appropriate for you faster, I think. At least that was my experience.

The database and its entry levels for adaptive Ai training also can be edited somehow, but I leave it to the experts explaining that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. doclucio

doclucio Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    ok thks

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'll tell you this, pick your favourite track and your favourite class. Run a few races with that on adaptive AI..I guarantee you will be impressed. Yes it takes time to do this for every track and class but I promise it is worth it.

19. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Just a small correction.
    The AI will start at 80 only if there is no data in the indexfile.
    Otherwise it'll look for earlier races with that car-class, and use the average of all of those.
    If none is found, it'll look for other races at that track, and use the average of those.
    Finally, if the above isn't present, it'll start at the average of every race in your indexfile.
    So assuming you're reasonably consistent, once you start taking a car-class to multiple tracks, it'll adapter faster and faster.

But otherwise, I agree. The adaptation-process is a little too slow for my taste as well.
    What I do with a new combo is run one race with Adaptive (3-4 laps so the AI has a chance to get up to speed).
    Next, I nip into the indexfile and check what level the AI picked, and adjust by 5 levels for a fixed AI race.
    (10 levels if the initial attempt was way off)
    And that combo is now ready to run Adaptive.
    The idea behind it is to give the AAI a bracket within to operate, so it doesn't have to find the right level incrementally.
    Once it knows that level A was too slow and level B was too fast, it has a much smaller band to explore, and by the third race it's usually on-track (pun unintended), definitely by the fourth race.
    The disadvantage of the technique is of course that you have to know what to look for in the indexfile.
    Then again, I figured it out, so it can't be that hard. :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Christian Göpfert

I answered the question, maybe you did not understand it:

Question: When was the last time you played the game yourself?

Answer: Game offline every time a patch comes out and always the same, shocks.

But I'm missing your answers:

My question: Maybe I missed something but in what part do they say they are going to work to improve AI and not suffer aggressive attacks as it has been happening for years?

I had previously asked you if you had paid for the game and if you had transmitted the AI errors but you never answered.

Man, open your eyes, on Youtube there are so many examples of what I say, take some time, review, investigate and work on improving the game as we ask you to invest, do not blame us for everything.

An easy help: if you talk so much about Race 07 you could take that example of AI (or GTR2) they are excellent.

And remember something very important: if you are faster than me you must overtake me, not hit me.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1