AI Selector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James Cook, Dec 21, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    With the large selection of cars and liveries available in the GTR3 class I believe it's now time for an AI selector so that the player can choose exactly which cars to race against. I'd like to create more realistic GT3 grids featuring more of the Audi R8, BMW Z4, SLS, GT-R and Porsc....err...RUF, and fewer of the Camaro, Alpina and Ford GT. I appreciate the maximum grid size is due to be increased but I still consider an AI selector a worthy option.

Two questions...

1. Has such a feature been confirmed as on the 'to do' list or at least been hinted at?

2. If so, is there any approximate ETA on this feature?

Thanks in advance.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I faintly remember having brought this up quite some time ago and somebody saying that it's a to-do feature, but low prio. But I'm really not sure, sorry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Give them a prod, will you! ;)

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, already spammed the request board a little more. ;)
    And it would be very useful, especially for championships and multi-class races.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm with you 100% on this one, as the car rosters expand with so many nice liveries and potentially multiclass selection soon, there's really a necessity for this feature and it's certainly top of my 'most wanted' list.

I put a post in the features thread a while back about a way I'd like to see it implemented (permanent, filler and unelectable cars) but I'd be equally happy if we could just create a text file outside the game with a custom carset in it.

PCARS has also suffered massively for this, probably even moreso with their lack of custom championships or any real repeatability in the career mode.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'd also say it's a necessity for multi-class races and championships. That's why I'm pretty sure it's already in the works.

7. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but just wondered if there is an ETA on this feature? I know it has been confirmed as work-in-progress but I feel the need for an AI selector is greater than ever.

The GTR3 class is absolutely huge and unfortunately littered with countless KW/Belltech/ST Suspension liveries. Group 5 is a pretty big class too. You also have WTCC 2015 with a number of part-time entrants and two excess Ladas. Then you have multi-class on the horizon.

In short: it's a much needed feature. So how's it looking?

8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Digging up an old thread yet again...one year on.

Any updates on this? We will soon have 18 models in the GTR3 class spanning many years of GT3 competition. It's sorely needed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    It's coming. @Georg Ortner was testing it on his stream the other day. First with ADAC + M6 and then with P2 vs GTR3.

10. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    Don't take interpret too much into my stream.
    As i mentioned in the stream, itt's definitely coming, but it's not that close as it might seem.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Is there anychance we're getting something like colour coding on the track map to show different class of vehicles?

• Like Like x 1
  12. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

Can't understand why someone can dislike multiclass. Its working in rfactor...why it should not work in raceroom ? I did many races with multiclass in rfactor 1 and had no problems ar all. Maybe because i managed to set the AI properly in the HDV files.

I would love to see multiclass races and "maybe" AI in online races... ;)

13. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I was hoping this would be a little closer, particularly for what is, on the face of it, a quite basic feature. But it's coming soonish, that's the main thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to chime in on the side of being able to select which cars compete in gt3. So many new great cars it's getting a bit crowded.

• Agree Agree x 1