Alter Cockpit view angle (not height!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marcel B., Jan 6, 2018.

1. Marcel B.

Marcel B. New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I struggle with setting up the right cockpit view. The seat can be adjusted in height and back/forwards, but I did not find a way to set the view angle (this depends on the position of the TV/Monitor) up and down. As I have positioned the TV Screen just behind my rig-cockpit setup up, the TV is pretty high positioned. This means I would need to raise the angle in order to have a match between real wheel and digital wheel.
    In Project Cars 2 or Assetto Corsa this can be easily adjusted, but not in Raceroom.
    Did anyone find a solution for this?

2. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    You can tilt your view yes. I know for a fact that you can do it when running triples because that's what I do, and you have to bind a key for it. i'm 99% sure you can do the same when running single monitor, so it should be in the control options somewhere.

3. Marcel B.

Marcel B. New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there are key bindings in case of triple screen setup, but not for single screen. But I found the answer on a thread on racedepartment. You need to alter the cockpit-view setting file of the cars (every one of them).
    upload_2018-1-7_8-31-30.png
    For a x-rotation (which is what you want to look higher or lower), you need an adaption on the red marked values -> in this example this will rotate the view by 10 degrees.
    See more here on racedepartment -> search for "Cockpit camera tweaks".
    I am just buffled that Sector3 did not yet implement this as a mapped key. Is everyone's monitor exactly positioned so that this is right and I am the only one that is bothered by this?

• Like Like x 1