And that's how the cookie crumbles...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bee, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday i raced Bathurst (sorry, just can't get enough of the circuit), with the Radical. It was an one hour race. At the 25 minutes mark i managed to pass the leader and i got a five second gap. Tires were doing well but my i had some concerns about the fuel. At thirty two minutes the race engineer told me i was half way down the fuel. Once i got into the lead i firgures out i had to save fuel somehow. I started to shift earlier and not stretching my top speed till the end. With ten minutes left i had only eleven liters in my tank so i knew it would be very close. The gap i had on the guy behind me shrunk to three seconds. With only three minutes left, suddenly everybody behind me disappeared. They all went for fuel i guessed. That meant i had more time to stretch my fuel savings. The clock ticking down from fourty seconds i entered "The chase". I only had 1 liter left. I would not make another lap. But i also had no idea how big the gap was behind me. To save the race, i went off throttle to stretch out the ticking time. I crawled through Murrays corner in first gear. Stayed in first gear as the seconds ticked away. They seemed like bloody minutes. ten...nine...eight...i saw the finish line...got to be even slower...five...and i saw a flash in my mirror followed by the roar of a Radical flying past me. He hit the finish line at the three second marker. (i will skip my swearing outrage burst...something like: %#@$&!). Slammed the gas with only 1 liter left. I mean...what else to do huh? As i started the chase for first place (which i knew i would never make it), the engine started to hickup. And all of a sudden the engine died on me....race over.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    This is actually a bug as far as I'm aware. Seen this many times on short 15 minute races where most of the field pits for fuel within the last couple of minutes. Seems like the AI fuel calcs are wrong.

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Crew chief in almost accurate fuel message shocker :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Cool story Bee and totally sympathise with you ... that's racing ! Love Bathurst and love the Radical.:D

5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Happened to me in MP a couple of nights ago in the GTO class on Mid Ohio.
    Was in the lead and only 5-6 turns from the finish line on the final lap when I ran out of fuel.. o_O:eek::oops::mad::rolleyes::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yep...happens sadly.

7. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    In the end, the AI pitted for fuel. And during the last 25 minutes of the race i was in stress about to go for a splash and dash. I decided not to so that was my mistake. The AI did a better job, at least they went for a splash and dash. Now i know better. I start with half fuel and pit midway.
    I do agree that the AI is very linear concerning actions. When practice or qualifying start, they all go out inmediatly. I guess this is the same for pitstops. Either they all go in or stay out. Having AI with different strategies would be a big surplus. Ah....so may wishes:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We're not done with AI ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet in an other thread, but I don't like the behavior of the AI when they approach turns. It looks pretty edgy (if this is the right term^^)... As if they want to take the turn by drifting... WRX-Style :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  11. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed this a lot, try oschersleben bank of left handers. Try sachsenring.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Well, you'd better not be ;)

• Agree Agree x 2