Question Another question about discounts (DTM 2015)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Gerbuho, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Something's not working with the discounts.

If you buy through Steam, it's not supposed to take into account what you already own but the difference I get is ridiculous.

If I were to buy DTM 2015 in R3E store I get a difference of -$1.34 USD from the complete price in Steam. I have all the tracks so it means that 8 tracks represent less than 2 dollars. Doesn't seem a good deal to me.

What confuses me is that in Steam it's not labeled as a "special" price or anything, but just as regular price.

2. jcookeusa

jcookeusa Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    That is strange. And you're right that Steam purchases wouldn't have an owned-content discount. I'm in the US and I see a price of $24.99 for the "DTM Experience 2015" pack in Steam. In the RaceRoom store, I see it as 1148 vrp, with a 54.1% owned-content discount (base pack price of 2499 vrp). So, for me it does seem to be giving the usual credit for the already-owned 8 tracks. Maybe the RaceRoom store isn't seeing you as logged in somehow or perhaps you're seeing a Steam sale price (without any obvious indication)?

3. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

You should see the DTM 2015 as significantly cheaper than that.
    I've cleared your cache just in case there was some old data trolling around in there. Could you please check the prices again?

4. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. As I said, the "problem" seems to be that it is too cheap in Steam. I get what seems the right price in store (1148vRP-$12 USD) and the price in Steam, even not logged, is $225.99 MXN-$13.39 USD (almost half the price of ADAC 2014 i.e.). So it appears to be a very special price in Steam, but it is not labeled like that.

I'm ok with the price anyway, it's just that I found it strange. Thanks.

5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    24.99 usd on steam

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    when not logged on dtm 15 pack is 1699 vrp when i log on it costs 1148vrp even though i own all the tracks and dtm 13 is this correct?

7. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    So, for whatever reason, it is in deed very cheap for me in Steam. Weird.

8. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it is.