Automobilista

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thug-Life, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    ok , thing is Reiza sort of promised this in there funding drive for the update to the title , sector 3 never have .
    So rieza are now doing two things ; public relations and clarifying the situation , reiza are both owner and developer were sector 3 is not ....
    When we look at how many people have VR equipement at present its a microscopic amount.
    S3 have dragged what was a promotional free to play game up from what was an appalling start to something that through its sound and FFB and content is in my opinion is one of the better sim based games but still have to negotiate with the games owner as to what features/improvements etc can be financed , sucky situation ..

So maybe they dont answer because they cant , dont have anything clear and precise to say on the VR subject , on the future of how the game engine can and will develop seeing as its not there baby

i dont see anything as impossible from flags to the unreal engine to Triple screens to vr support , but each advancement has to be agreed and payed for by Raceroom /KW so maybe make a petition and send it to the owners so they can see the real interest in VR and make a decision based on that ...

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    agreeing, but please let's not derail this thread to the r3e/vr topic, there are threads for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    nods and stops typing here

Andi

4. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
  5. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Thanks all for thenhelp, I will test it when I am back at my PC tomorrow :)

6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Woohoo! Outlon Park!

Absolutely thrilling! With Brands GP and Cadwell too it's time to spend a lot more time with AMS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    ams is simply fantastic

8. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Automobilista Beta | Singleplayer | MCR Sports 2000 @ Oulton Park Classic

• Like Like x 2
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Must admit I'm enjoying the Brit tracks, proper, tight, twisty, undulating bliss!
    Who knows, maybe Simbin will bring some of these wonders of Motorsport to the table, certainly doesn't seem to be of interest to S3 who seem to prefer going back to STCC tracks, which although were good fun are hardly classic's, I guess the further the UK drifts out into the Atlantic the less likely we are to see the likes of Cadwell, Oulton or any other of the plethora of fine race tracks Blighty has to offer. Please don't mention the imminent arrival of the new Silverstone, which is a pleasant enough drive but personally, I prefer the gnarly, twisty, up and downers.
    Codemasters have done sod all with BTCC for years worth talking about time someone else got a crack at it and with S3 doing such a great job with WTCC for me they would make the perfect partners.
    It appears S3 are going to concentrate on esports though, perhaps leaving Simbin to produce a stand alone, cross platform Sim! :rolleyes:

10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    My new favorite car in AMS, really fun to drive! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    An aero test for Ultima GTR:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10 out of 10, I would say. ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
  13. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0

14. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I converted Virtual LM's track for personal use. They don't allow public conversions as far as I know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Dennis

Dennis Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The Ultima GTRs at the new beta Imola '88 are a really great fit. Tons of fun. :cool:

16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I really enjoyed the 77 Imola, it is one of the few vintage tracks that gave me the claustrophobic feel that is not found in modern tracks.

17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Fired it up again last night for the first time in months. Wheel support is still awful - no amount of tweaking could fix my g29, which needed like 2 full turns to get around any significant corner. The graphics really are terrible, even after mucking about in the nvidia control panel it looks bad enough to be really distracting. The sound is flat and dull, and the UI is slow and painful.

I just don't 'get it' :(

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Really..ok the graphics aren't the latest, but they are as clean and crisp as iracing, colours I've had to use SweetXF to bring them in, sounds sure ain't flat, infact for me they are the 2nd best sim sounds around, can't comment on the G29, apart from I wouldn't of brought one.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  19. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Did you set the enable custom steering range to <no>? If not you may be getting 900 degrees of rotation for everything. Granted I'm no longer using a Logitech but that does not sound right at all.

Graphics are alright in my book, nothing to write home about but not too bad, the only thing I really miss is shadows in the cockpit. It handles reflections a ton better then R3E for example, but it'll never be Project CARS or Assetto Corsa. Perhaps in Reiza 17.

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I did check custom steering range was set to 'no' (which is the default i think). I also changed the steering lock to 30 degrees but it made absolutely no difference at all - I still had to use unplayable amounts of lock. So I guess something is properly wrong with the G29 support. Maybe there's a solution somewhere but I really don't feel compelled to do digging around for it.

Perhaps the graphics look particularly bad for me because I'm on a 720p projector with lots of anti-aliasing. R3E looks great like this tho.

Still, each to their own :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016