Problem Bad video on nordshleife

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von GregoryLeo, 17. Januar 2017.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or a problem. My fps says I'm running 70+ fps. But the screen looks more like 3 or 4.
    I'm drive the imsa mustang. Haven't tried any other cars. Happens on vln and and the short track. Didn't try anything else. All the other tracks seem to be working ok.

2. bearr

bearr Active Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    The same problem on the Nordschleife. FPS normal, video slows.

3. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    same here form time to time, no clue why and when but there might be a difference between new and old cars. The new Audi TT RS is ok in replays, the old Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 is stuttering like hell, even if the frame counter says 60 fps

4. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9.236 / 0 / -0
    I remember we had some issue like this long ago. You could try running without v-sync, if I recall correctly that was what caused the problems back then.

5. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I remember this, my current settings are v-sync "on" in game and in the Nvidia settings vertical sync set to "fast". In combination with the Audi TT RS and the Nordschleife it is fine, I saw that heavy stuttering two days agao again with Mercedes GT3 on the Nordschleife during replays. I will check it again with v-sync set to "off" in game, thx

6. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I already have vsync off. Just vln track with the audi 2015 tt, still have the same issue. Not as bad though.

7. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    you are also playing on a TV right? me too, does it might has to something with that? hm

8. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I doubt it because none of the other tracks are doing it.
    I'm thinking it might just my computers slower graphics. Just guessing.

9. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9.236 / 0 / -0
    Been testing a bit and there is certainly something going on here. Says I have 70+ FPS too but it feels choppy, especially when turning and background-stuff moves a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9.236 / 0 / -0
    Well, I have no idea I'm afraid. Tried messing around a bit with settings but aside from using the Low preset nothing really made it feel smooth. I'll give it a try at home, my personal PC is a bit more powerful, see if that makes any difference.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I changed the video settings from high/custom to middle. Didn't make any difference.during replays the frame rate drops to 32-40. When driving on the nordschleife I have 60 FPS. No problems at all. I turned off track animations and this didn't make any difference either. I changed from full-screen to window mode, no difference. Still around 32-34 FPS during replays. the vertical sync in the Nvidia control panel is set to "fast", for Raceroom only. But what I have observed is, as soon as the nordschleife is loaded and the game is ready for driving the GPU goes to 100%. Is that normal? I'm still on the page where you can choose, driving, go to garage, etc. What is the difference between driving and replays? But sometimes I see also in micro stuttering even the FPS counter of Nvidia says 60. :confused:

Without vertical sync I get 90-110 fps, but then tearing appears. I am using a Sony TV, so 60 fps is the maximum.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 20. Januar 2017
  12. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Problem seems to be solved, I just deleted the "graphics_options.xml". Currently any car runs smooth in replays on the Nordschleife.

13. Kitsune Magyar

Ratings:
    +9.236 / 0 / -0
    Tried it at home during the weekend with everything maxed out and it was all smooth. Guess maybe my work computer is just bad. :p

14. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Is raceroom multi threaded? I noticed on my machine that only one core is working? my be my computer is toooo old :) i7 920 from 2009. As soon as a track is loaed and ready to drive, the GPU goes to 100% as well. As soon as I am driving it is around 20-30%. GTX 960. As soon as VR is getting a acceptable quality I will get a new one ^^

15. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Just tried that and it didn't help. I guess my computer is just not fast enough. I already have everything set to low. But it worked just fine before....

16. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    The day before yesterday I went into the experience of updating the Nvidia driver again. It never really works on my computer. Anyway, after the update Raceroom started stuttering again. When driving on the nordschleife, the CPU load is quite low. Just 25% on one core. Correct me if I am wrong. Is Raceroom actually multithreaded? To fix this annoying stuttering I first turned off vsync in game, confirmed and then back again. Diddn't help. Then I checked in the Nvidia control panel for Raceroom, if vsync is set to fast mode. Ok. Did not help. Then I deleted the graphics option xml file. I also noticed that the Nvidia FPS counter didn't work. Then I restarted my machine quite a few times. And suddenly it works again. By changing the video settings in game from "high" to "low" never really improved the stuttering effect. The problem must be something else. Next time I will just ignore Nvidia updates, a common sentence is :never change running system lol
    I never experienced the problem that a track did not load. My graphics card has 4 GB of RAM. And what I see from the tool "process explorer" is that the game takes almost 2 GB of RAM of the graphics card.

17. Edward Gonzales

Edward Gonzales New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The people at RRE support say try launch option -disableReplay. It didn't work for me but maybe you can give it a try.

18. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thanks but I'm already doing that. I appreciate the help tho.:)

• Like Like x 1