Problem Brake Bias Adjustment not working with Ana-log Joystick Controller

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MarcG, Mar 1, 2020.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Hi, as posted about on Discord I have an issue whereby my Analog Joystick does not work correctly with the Brake Bias setting, it works OK with the TC Setting where you have "stages" (for want of a better word) but with Brake Bias and it's "smooth" value changes it simply does not work.

All I get is the flash of 70.0:30.0 at the top of the screen, I have tried swapping Brake Bias Forward/Backward but I get the same result. I have also bound Brake Bias to other Buttons/Keys as a test and it works fine, but I don't have spare Buttons for this so would like it to work on the Analog Joystick if possible - it does work in every single other Sim I own quite easily, so this is the only one that's causing a hassle.

If there is a Value I could change in a file (I've not yet looked) or any other ideas then please advise, many thanks.

(Thread title contains banned words: anal - LOL, hence the Ana-log!)

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    pretty sure its one of those that wont work

i know thats pretty anal-og

Andi

3. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Ok so if possible could the Devs one day look into it please? I'm not asking for it now or tomorrow :) , but the fact it works out the box in others Sims and not in this one is a bit odd (especially as the base engine is the same as other sims it works in), thanks

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Which joystick do you use? Or do you mean a stick on a gamepad? Maybe you could work around this using the advanced controller settings in Steam. You would need to bind your stick axis to two keyboard keys in this settings screen:

[​IMG]

In the game, you then need to bind these keyboard keys to brake bias forward/backward.

5. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I'll take a look at that thanks for the tip :), it's a customed made Analog & Button Controller i got off eBay, works really well (aside this issue of course!).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020