Bug DTM 2016 M4 wheel settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by y2kfred, Jan 10, 2018.

1. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I think I found a minor bug in the M4:

If I use the option "View body and wheel" (sorry I don't know the exact translation because I am using the German language Option) the steering angle is very limited also in the car during driving.(about 180 degree). On the opposite when I only view the wheel (without driver body) steering in the car is normal.

All other cars I tested seem to be ok.

Wheel:
    Fanatec CSL, steering angle 1080

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    From the changelog of the november update:

Art:
    • All cars aside from modern DTM now benefit from 360 degrees steering animation. DTM cars will have to be updated at a later point due to the need for retexturing branded driving suits and helmets.

3. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    THX - they already know.
    I don't care the animation, however the car was not driveable with the option on - because you can not go through small turns (radius is to high).

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    So if I understand you correctly, your Fanatec wheel locks at 180° too, not just the virtual wheel animation? That's strange, because normally, it should only affect the animation and not the steering itself. But in any case, the best option is "wheel only" in modern DTM cars for now.

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Can you check if that behavior is temporarily solved when you go in the Car-Setup --> there in the Steering-Settings and change the Wheel-Range by 1 degree or so, and then back into the car?

I have a similar behaviour on every car at the moment and it can be solved like that until I close the game.

6. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Balrog: Yes that's the Impact - car turn angle is locked to Animation
    m.bohlken: I will check this in the evening with changing the Wheelrange to 1079, however I also tried various GT3s and the Mercedes 2016 DTM - no problems at all with these cars.

7. y2kfred

y2kfred Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    No change with other wheelrange on the M4, the angel limit is still there.
    So switch off driverbody until fixed.