Bug reports?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kjell Eilertsen, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I just had a quick look around the forums and can't seem to find where to submit bug reports?
    There's the community support forum, but if this is the right place then I think it's a bit misleading to call it "community driven support", as communities don't bugfix :p

2. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Its called "Community Support", because it's the support for the community?!o_O
    I think this slim forum structure is very clear. To have a single thread for every problem/bug is helpful, you don't have to look up and scroll through a single thread that will have a couple of 100 pages in no time. With the thread tag you can even see if the question/bug is answered.

3. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    From the forums description, copy/pasted;
    Community Support
    Community driven support for RaceRoom Racing Experience

This to me means "in here you will get help from other members of the community, aka do not expect developers or other employees of Sector3 to respond to your threads, while that may happen occasionally it is not a monitored forum that replaces a support ticket system." Or something along those lines.

I agree about the forum structure, but I'm asking because I want to give feedback on a bug, not have the community help me set up my wheel correctly or similar things. Separating the things that only the developer can fix from what the community can help with makes sense to me.

4. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Now I get your point... sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes I agree with you, an official dev/bug thread would be good, if the devs would handle it, like it's in the forums description. But the reality is, despite this description, that the devs show up wherever a problem can not be solved by members. I think this is a good system, because it saves the devs a lot of time in most cases. And separating bugs from user problems/issues is a tough task, in a lot of cases it just turnes out in the discussion of the members, that the "bug" is just a problem within the settings or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015