Bug Bugs in adac 2014 carrier (AI and fuel estim)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by F3n3K, Apr 16, 2016.

1. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone
    I bring you 2 bugs I found in doing my career in ADAC 2014 experience (BMW Z4)
    In fact I started the career with the previous version of the game
    and continue the race with this version
    unfortunately my race, the first of the season (Oscherleben), AIs stop one by oner after ~50min instead of 60min
    In fact, myself, at 4min of end, have no fuel while the estimate on the setup given me five more laps than is actually (10 laps difference with setup estimation)

thanks and cya

edit: add some stuff for help devs

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    So, to get this correct... The AI ran out of fuel before the race was over... and then you did also?

Would you mind telling me which track this was on? AI should have enough to make it through a full race on every track I believe. Or they should make a pit stop at least.

For the player though, while there is a fuel estimate, it is exactly that... an estimate. Everyone drives a bit differently and some people push their car harder and burn a bit more fuel.

If you could share which track this happened on. We can try to take a look and check to make sure fuel consumption is working properly.

Thanks.

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm this, I started a new ADAC GT Masters 2014 championship with 15 minutes races, and the AI ran out of fuel in the last lap in the first race in Oschersleben. It's not possible to refuel in the ADAC GT Masters 2014 Experience, and I also just barely made it to the finish line although I had taken more fuel with me than the estimate said would be needed. I guess the estimates are off, at least for Oschersleben.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hello, yes that's the problems like Majuh explain it
    Oschersleben is the first track in championship adac experience
    @nate, You can't reful in adac experience, and for my championship setting, it's 60min by race. (but you can do it easly if you choose the good fuel amount)
    Yes i know everyone use the fuel differently, but a estimation of 10laps difference, it's a very big difference for a estimation.

But the main problem is AI stop during the race, one by one in last laps end of the race

In fact, when you finish the race, you're alone on the track lol, all AI are DNF...

But Mahuj has already given a very good explanation of the problem

Cya and thanks for reply

sorry for my poor english

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    And i must do a another test for pitstop in adac experience, when I pit in this race for permute tire, i immediatly receive a penality for cuting track (???? don't understand why)
    and received again when i re-come to pit for do my penalty
    Very strange this problem too

No, i'm not to fast when I enter in pit lane ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you should report this as a bug? Not sure where you're meant to report bugs, though, other than the Community Support forum...

7. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    We are already in community support ;)

8. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Well, that's true... Is there anywhere "official" where bugs can be reported to the Devs?

• Like Like x 1
  9. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Nop you report in this section, like my topic, you choose "bug" in prefix and that's all. If it's not your question, i'm sorry about that, and i don't understand exactly what do you mean/want :sweatsmile:

Haaa you want i create another topic for the pitstop bug ? if it's that, I prefer to do more test before reporting it, and i'm not sure to create another, i mean this topic have a good title (Bugs in Adac 14 Carrier)

Thanks and cya

• Like Like x 1
  10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info here guys, I'll try and round up a few of the testers and check this out so the devs can look at it. ;) The AI certainly shouldnt be running out of fuel so quickly like that, so this is pretty odd...

This is currently a known issue that is being worked on right now by the devs. Apparently on a handful of tracks, entering the pit lane gives a cut track penalty. They are aware of this and should have it fixed in the next patch/hotfix. Not sure when that will be, other than "soon."

Personally, I think this forum works well. Even if threads dont get a response, the devs browse through here all the time and the other beta-testers check things out when they are able to. Some bugs need more info from the users here, which is why some threads have lots of posts, and others are pretty simple to reproduce.

The help desk is more for purchase, account, and problems accessing the game. I dont think that is the best route to take to report a bug like this.

Thanks guys

• Like Like x 1
  11. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello again Nate !!
    Thanks for your reply and help

can you inform me when you have some news about that ?
    Because for the moment i put this championship on pause, just the time all of this bugs are resolved

thanks you again !!

edit: And thanks for your reply about the pistop lane penalty bug has already a know issue ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, no worries mate. Devs are out of the office until Monday, so they can look at the report sometime next week most likely.

I'll keep you updated if I hear anything I can share.

Sorry you have run into this issue though, but if it is happening to multiple people, hopefully it is easy to reproduce... since that would mean the devs can figure out what the issue is easier and then get a fix out for it.

Thanks for sharing all the information about this though, it really helps out to pinpoint where the issue actually is.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  13. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello

a little screenshot from my championship, second race on Oschersleben:
    In fact is the same problem for the 2nd race like the first.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. nonomnismoriar

nonomnismoriar Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hello!
    1. I have the same issue as stated above in the intro - ADAC GT Masters 2014 Championship, first race at Oschersleben and all AI-cars run out of fuel a few laps before the end of an 1-hour-race.

2. I have started a DTM 2015-championship with original race-time (40min/60min) and have realised that the fuel estimation in the car-setup screen is far off. I can load 118L of fuel into the car for the 60min race and it estimates 35 laps - the race is (due to the lap times) at least 37 rounds long and so I thought that would be another "run-out-of-fuel" race, but at the end of the race (after 38 laps) I still had about 10-12L in my car.

3. Yesterday I did a single-event-race - WTCC 2014 at Zandvoort, 30min race duration. With the maximum fuel in my tank 45L (15laps) I ran out of fuel in the last lap of the race 4 corners before the finish line.
    I don't know if it's supposed to be that you have to look after your fuel during the race or if I'm just a fuel burner??? :)

So I think there's really a bug with the fuel system - please devs look into this.

Aside of this I love this game and you did and do a really great job! Keep it up!!! :sunglasses:

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Still looking into this one guys. With the last update, fuel use had to be set for all the classes, so perhaps there are a few bugs to work out. As for the AI, looking into this still as well.

As for the DTM cars... not sure what the fuel rate is on those. Id have to ask the devs to see if they should be able to make it 60 mins on a full tank. Could just be that the fuel estimate is really aggressive, and you just happened to drive fairly conservative to not burn off a lot of fuel.

WTCC 14... Not sure what the fuel rate is on those either. For the WTCC 15 cars, you are supposed to be able to get 45 mins on a full tank. Same with tires. Of course, both depend on how hard you push, and whether you are able to conserve either of those. My guess is that the '14 cars are probably close to the same fuel rate. Id have to ask about this one as well. :p

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  16. F3n3K

F3n3K Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hello here ;)

@nate
    have you got some news please ?

17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I just tried the ADAC GT Masters 2014 Oschersleben race again and the AI still runs out of fuel there.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    That's sad, I hope ADAC 2015 doesn't get launched with these problems

19. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    a question here to the forum to adac gt masters experience 2014
    why was the gasoline problem never been solved by a patch, I still play that because of the rules.
    with a race length of 60 min everything is ok, but under 60 minutes the problem is there again.

someone has here an answer for me ?

20. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The next patch probably removes the Experiences system, so maybe we will be able to manually change the fuel usage multiplier when choosing ADAC GT Masters rules for the race.