Problem Buying the new GT3 Cars - Price issues?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OverTheClock, Nov 30, 2017.

1. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Some of our drivers can buy the GT3 Pack with all new Cars for 4,31€. They have bought only the Premium Pack before.

And some others like me can only buy the three new cars as single items in total approx. of 20,37€.
    Maybe because, we bough the GT3 Pack before and the the Premium Pack before.
    The price difference is a bit to much i think ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I bought the GT3 pack a few weeks ago when it was discounted. Then i bought the premium pack during BF-Sale. Now it seems as if i have to buy every new car separately.

3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I just opened a topic for the same issue.

But I only bought the Premium pack (not the GTR 3 one before), and some people who can complete the class did too... so that's not the explanation.

4. Malte Schneider

Malte Schneider Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Same Problem!
    Maybe it´s just a bug.

5. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Want to comment on this too, I am looking to complete my packs, but the game/store doesn't allow this. Why can't I just rebuy the premium pack and get discounted for all the content I already own? Doesn't seem fair at all. I'm not spending close to $60 USD for 7 cars and 3 tracks. For that kind of money, I'd expect iRacing level quality of online support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    7 Cars and 3 tracks would be 150$ in iRacing and not 60.

7. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad you brought this up, because you are mistaken.

Actually, currently it'd be about $75 currently. 7 cars * $12 each+ 3 tracks * 15 each = $129 * 0.8 (20% off long time member discount) = $103.20. Not 2 days ago there was $75 for $100 deal, so $75 + $3.20 = $78.20 total cost.

Here is the difference.. $78 for 3 laser scanned tracks and 7 very high quality cars. For the sake of argument, let's say that the content in iRacing is equal to the one in RaceRoom. Can a new member go and purchase all of that content for $78 AND all of my current content as well? No they can't, because they don't qualify for the 20% off discount, and as a new member, you'll have to re-purchase the subscription and re-purchase all of my personal content (so you're looking at several hundreds of dollars).

Whereas in RaceRoom, I'm at the tipping point soon where I'll be forced to decide.. do I spend $70+ (maybe will be more if new content keeps getting released) so that I can keep my name and stats (main benefit of keeping my account), or do I spend $65 and buy a new premium pack under a new account? If iRacing offered a $78 option for a new member to get all of my entire collection of content that I currently have, then yes I'd be outraged about that as well. The difference here is that in iRacing long time members are not screwed over when it comes to brand new content, whereas in this game, they seemingly are. Hell I'd even be happy if they let me purchase the premium pack again at full price, but even that's not an option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Captain Slow

Captain Slow Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

KLICK ;);)

9. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    For myself I found I bought the GT3 pack some months ago, I totally forgot about it cause it was just to get one car at a better price, and I didn't know I was buying GT3 pack... :)
    Maybe things are not clear enough in R3E store.