Problem Cannot buy VRP with credit card without creating paypal?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Michael L, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm in the US. I tried to buy VRP. When I went to check out, it sent me to paypal, But I couldn't just use my credit card to pay as paypal required me to enter my email address and create a paypal account before I can pay. I did not want to create a pp account so I canceled. There is no other option to check out as 'guest'. I don't want a paypal account. Why is it required? Thanks!

2. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    If you buy VRP you also need an RaceRoom account to book the content or VRPs too. I guess RaceRoom is using paypal as a general billing processor. You can also buy content at Steam, there you can use your credit card directly without paypal.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You can select credit card as a payment option if you change the store language/version to "International English" in the upper right corner.

4. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all. Appreciate your replies. Not sure why it's so hard to try to give them money? :)

I could pay on eBay and everywhere else without having to sign up for a PayPal account.

Btw, steam didn't have all the packages that raceroom store has.

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0 / -0
    You can also buy stuff in the raceroom store using your steam wallet. That way you can choose all the packs/content you want and (i guess?) still only use your credit card. However itll be more expensive than buying vrp first and then heading to the raceroom store