Problem Can't start game

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mr.C, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    PC Specs - I7 4970k, 8g DDR3, nvidia GTX 980 4g ddrm
    Race Room - so i was running RR at full details with resolution at(3840x2160), and today i got 3 crashes but the final one was fatal.
    First the game will start minimized on the left corner at a much higher resolution and i couldn't move the picture like in this video , after deleted all files from steam folder and my documents , restarted pc now it enters game but i can only see a video,nothing else....before it starts, steam says " installing ....flash..11 something" it's to fast i can't see it.
    so restarted pc, and did 3 more fresh installs, changed desktop resolution, tried run as administrator, tried run under 640 x 420 from RR icon in steam folder, checked each time file integrity what else can i do?
    i have a video but i can't link it
    thanks

2. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    fixed it with "-cefNoGPU" in launch option in steam

• Like Like x 1
  3. badtaylorx

badtaylorx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    would you please elaborate???

4. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    put that line in steam-library-right click raceroom-set launch options
    don't know exactly what the line does but resolved my issue

5. Bubihead

Bubihead New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My game also crashes on launch. Worked fine on Win 8.1, but now on Win 10 I get the crash. When I use the "-cefNoGPU" argument the game starts and I can play. I have an Intel and a NVidia graphic card (MSI GT70 2PE Laptop). On Intel card I can launch and "play" (with 10 fps) the game without the argument. If I force the NVidia card I get the launch crash (which can be workaround with -cefNoGPU).

Attached Files: