Car damage in championship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wsimonds04, Nov 13, 2019.

1. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't find a thread on this. If there is one please direct me to it.

I have selected realistic damage, but regardless of what I do to the car, nothing gets broken, bent or damaged.

I'm assuming the game makes a file and stores it with all the championship perimeters within it. Does anyone know where exactly that could be found, so I can go and check that I didn't screw up by not selecting the right setting (though I an 99.9% sure I did it right). Don't really want to have to remake a new championship if i don't have to.
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The championship saves are encrypted, so you can't look into them. Car damage is pretty insensitive in general, basically you need to drive into the wall head-on to see any damage. You could simply try that in a practice session.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wsimonds04

wsimonds04 Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Majuh.
    I actually did drive full speed into the wall at the bottom of the back straight at Mnt Panorama, just to check, and not a think happened.
    Late last night I quit the game and restarted, and now the damage is working - must have been a quirk in the system.

4. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    It sometimes occured to me that damage is grayed off when I'm continuing a championship. To enable damage again, create a single race session with damage on. Click Play and load it. Then Go back to menu, select your championship and load it again. Damage should be active and not grayed off anymore
    Greetings