Car getting loose

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastor_Chris, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    when I drive a gt2, gt3 or DTM (all versions), my back end wants to slide out and I end up spinning. Usually happens when I get back on the accelerator. Is there an adjustment to the car so I can stop getting loose mid corner? I seem to be scrubbing off a lot of speed

2. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hey Chris, each car has it's own adjustments / quirks, but there are a few things that certainly have helped me and can be applied to most vehicles.

The first thing to address is how you're driving the vehicle. If you find that you're scrubbing a lot of speed from getting on the throttle mid corner/having the rear step out - try changing that first. Pick your braking point so that you're slowed down enough / allowing the car to rotate by mid corner. You don't want to be going so slow that you're having to get back on the throttle early. Conversely you don't want to be carrying so much speed that the car plows or understeers. If done right you'll have a braking point that slows the car down enough to roll in/hit the apex while still carrying speed and can start applying throttle at exit once the vehicle is straightened out. Throttle control / modulation will also help with putting down the power.

As far as set up goes(depending on the car) - I find softening the rear springs and/or rear sway bar can help prevent the rear stepping out. Rear camber can also come into play with keeping the rear in compliance. The exact remedy is dependent on where in the corner this is occurring. For GT2 / GT3 you might want to try playing with traction control settings. More rear wing may help - but I find it leads to more understeer. Decreasing "power" under differential settings will help balance the rear when applying throttle. It's all a balancing act.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    If the car is oversteering on acceleration you can do a few things:
    - Soften rear suspension
    - Soften rear ARB
    - Decrease Diff Power
    - Increase rear wing/aero
    - Increase positive rear toe
    - Increase negative rear camber

All of these will also lead to more understeer off the corner so keep that in mind when applying full throttle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys. I will try these when I get home. I'm pumped!! I get to purchase a bunch of stuff and all the tracks!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    and try to reset setup to default ... I haven`t seen single car that is not stable with default 'safe' setup

6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like it may be too much throttle when the wheels are turned too much. This is my special move.

If so, try less throttle...duh...and/or slowly increase throttle as the wheels straighten.

Less "Power" if able with the set-up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016