Content Roundup.

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von paulinhot, 17. September 2016.

1. paulinhot

paulinhot Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    So I just thought I would do a quick post regarding the amount of new content announced for R3E. Personally I don't know any of the release dates for this content, other than #comingsoon.

1. Audi Sport TT Cup 2016 - announced 12th September
    2. Audi TT RS VLN - announced 5th Janurary
    3. WTCC 2016 Featuring the Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 - announced 5th September
    4. Silverstone Track - announced 23rd August
    5. McLaren 650S GT3 - announced 24th March
    6. Audi R9 LMS (2016) - announced 19th August
    7. BMW M6 GT3 - announced 12th April
    8. BMW M235i Racing - announced 18th Febuary
    9. Mercedes AMG GT3 - announced 26th July
    10. KTM X-Bow RR - announced 27th June

I suspect I've missed a few ? (please remind me) but the future is certainly looking good content wise.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    too much cars, too little tracks and no new features ... in my opinion that's a BIG problem for RaceRoom and the sim racing community

iRacing:
    57 cars
    78 tracks
    races at daytime - checked
    races at nighttime - checked
    storable setups - checked
    flag system - checked
    safety car / pace car - checked
    multiplayer - checked
    dynamic tracks - checked
    fog option - checked

RaceRoom:
    107 cars (incl. 10 fictional cars)
    31 tracks (incl. 3 fictional tracks)
    races at daytime - checked
    races at nighttime - missing
    storable setups - checked
    flag system - missing
    safety car / pace car - missing
    multiplayer - checked
    dynamic tracks - missing
    fog option - missing

It's time for a change ...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 18. September 2016
  3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Looking at that list it will probably cost more than the price of a new game, a lot of content that isnt going to be cheap, banging the same old drum again, flags, weather, day night transitions, lots and lots of missing features, pay for content that is going to cost more than a new game with basic racing game features included from the start or keep paying and waiting and hoping the next patch will deliver when you know full well it wont.

To put it bluntly, frustrating as fk on a gaming level for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Is this a simlation to be driven, or a simulation of collecting stuff?

I own all tracks and cars. But I find myself in the same favourite combos time and again. While some other cars and tracks I avoid completely.

And who needs a million of tracks if he has the Nordschleife? :D Its there where I spend two thirds of my driving time anyway.

5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.043 / 0 / -0
    Craving for additional tracks exists, though.
    Especially some tracks with great motorsport history, some fitting to the older cars or tracks with more elevations than an ironing board, ... no hesitation for me.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    Content announced in January, February and March, still not delivered. What is going on?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Priority's and changing plans I guess...

8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    addition:

The fall / autumn is coming ... The "Green Hell" of R3E with this option = awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 19. September 2016
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Feeling unusually optimistic today (no doubt due to having a fever) I say the slowed down content delivery is due to an imminent switch to Unrealtech. That's right, passing fishaltefolie in your NSU will be met with the well known DOMINATING. Because if I have to choose, I'll take the Unreal Tournament announcer guy over flags.

10. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1.043 / 0 / -0
    @Rodent,
    the mastery of my english definitively got to it's borders, do you mean better a new engine than more content, both cars and tracks?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess he mean, there are not so much new Cars and especially Tracks due to a possible switch to a new Engine...

Cars can be quite easily ported to a new engine... with a track it is some more work...
    @Rodent: you are not alone ^^

12. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Ideally we would get everything but while my comment was mostly in jest I do suspect that S3 is rather seriously looking into how to keep up in the sim racing tech race. With the latest rFactor 2 announcement soon only R3E and AMS will be left using DX9, and Reiza has made it very clear that AMS is just a stepping stone for their Reiza 17 title. If R3E is to continue forward it needs under the hood changes to come eventually, judging from the VR thread hopefully sooner rather then later.

And sorry for dragging you into the post fisch, I just got the mental image of a Prinz race with the Unreal announcer after reading your "Dazzled by Nordschleife" and it made me giggle. Then again I'm the sort of person who bursts out into spontaneous cheering when I see a Smart car do an overtake.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1.043 / 0 / -0
    and agree

• Like Like x 1
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I expect to see you on the Pcars boards asking about the fully licensed Indy 500 announced in 2013 or so. On the ISI boards asking them when the beloved Nissan GTR GT500 is coming that was announced in 2014 or so. And of course on the Kunos boards asking when the Toyota TS040 is coming announced August 2014. Just to name a very small few...

Content "announced" less than 9 months ago not releasing in that time frame is nothing out of the ordinary for any sim. R3E has plenty of its own past examples to go by too (Nords, ADAC, Audi R18, etc)... You have been around, so you should know this. :p (Not trying to be mean)

Those games you mention are at the end of their life respectively. rF2 is 5-6 yrs old, and AMS is just an updated Game Stock Car from 2011-12. Makes sense that they are beginning to announce the next projects that they will be pumping out.

For Sector3, Im sure they have their own ideas for the future and what sort of product they will release years down the line. Now though, they are in active development for R3E and will be for the foreseeable future.

Would everyone here prefer they go the route of SMS and announce their next game and stop working on the existing one? Doesnt make sense to announce a sequel or entirely new concept when your current product still has a ways to go...

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  15. sarco

sarco Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I think Sector3 is getting a big laugh, of all the madness they are creating! The game and crew behind this has lost ALL of my respect! They have done Nothing for this game yet! Every time a new patch is being released it creates other issues... The same shitty tracks as always! Cars is getting very boring, Group 5 and GTO cars missing some real racecar sound...

The game I used to rate at 8 of 10
    Now I rate the game at 3 of 10

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Uh... AMS came out of early access very recently and is just about to see it's first DLC and rF2 did a rather big announcement this week regarding it's future as you may or may not be aware. Both of these games are run on a more classic business model and they're both currently showing a willingness to update to stay current, it's not unreasonable to ask similar things of R3E with a pricing model designed around a constant influx of dough. The reason this keeps being brought up is because people are passionate about R3E, if there was nothing worth preserving/updating here we'd most likely all be looking forward to the next new thing instead of trying to drag this sim into current era tech.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    AMS is an updated Game Stock Car from 2011-12 as I mentioned. It is literally the same thing with some improvements in the past year. Reiza's next game will be different. AMS isnt getting revamped into something new age. Meaning, it isnt getting a new graphics engine or physics engine. It has existed in its current form since it was previously titled GSC, 5 yrs ago.

rF2 has been in development for ages now and Luminis seems to have bought it from ISI. So, they are doing with it what they will. They chose to add a DX11 renderer. iRacing did this in the past year, and the game doesnt look any different than it did before. DX11 (or 12 for that matter) will not magically make a game look more modern or inherently better. That requires better textures, more detail in 3d models and environment, and a plethora of other things. Basically, the game needs to be designed in a way to take advantage of the improved renderer/graphics engine.

The point I was making above, is that both AMS and rF2 are at an end of life state. Where new games will be coming out relatively soon. Reiza will be releasing a DX12 based game tentatively in 2017. ISI is working on "not rf3" now that they sold off rF2 to Luminis. And then Luminis is taking what exists in rF2 and improving it with a new DX11 renderer + VR.

R3E isnt ending just yet, and only Sector3 knows what they will work on next. And that could well be years down the road, so why make an announcement for something hypothetical right now? They already said they are looking into new graphics engines, but that isnt a week long project. That probably wont even come for R3E, but probably for a sequel or entirely new game... So, my point stands. Why make an announcement now when you are still in full and active development for your current title?

I know there is lots of passion out there, and I myself have plenty too. Wanting more than what we have now... but not everything is done in an instant or should be announced before concrete plans are in place and it is actively being worked on as a main focus.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Calling AMS Game Stock Car 2011 is like calling R3E GTR 1, and iRacing got a pretty massive performance upgrade out of that DX11 aswell as being able to support current era tech. R3E hopefully has years left, it will depend in part on it's ability to keep up with the sim racing tech race and this fall has so far been very quiet from S3 while the competition has dropped some rather large news on the future of their titles. Personally I hope S3 is staying quiet to bide their time and drop some really good news on us, if not, I think it will being to fade away in the coming year or two.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Not really. AMS is literally GSC with some improvements. The physics engine code is the same, it has only been built upon. R3E is quite a lot different than GTR1 and has vastly different code as far as Im aware.

You are right about the iR & DX11 performance boost. That is to be expected though. The game wont suddenly look better by switching or adding DX11/12. That will take a lot of development and need to be started from the ground up to get the most out of the switch.

Different points of their respective development cycles is all. Current products are EOL, and dev work being moved onto new things. Not really shocking is it? Assetto Corsa isnt announcing a new graphics engine or anything else major... And they have been around just about as long as R3E.

Before you say that they are already running DX11... That is how the game was built. Just like how R3E was built a bit differently. The products are as they are. Adding DX11 and fancier graphics to R3E would mean it is a new product, yeah? However, Sector3 doesnt seem to be focused on a new product right now, and are instead still working on R3E.

The time will come when R3E too will be finished and EOL, but that time is not now.

That's all Im saying :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Why would it mean a new product? It didn't mean that for iRacing, the only game competing with R3E in terms of cost. It doesn't mean it for rF2 either, a game significantly cheaper for the consumer. I don't see the relevance of S3 not planning a new product, I am neither suggesting they are or should.

And why would AC announce a new engine? They're already capable of supporting current era tech, that it happened to be built that way isn't a bad thing.

But anyways, this isn't me drawing a line in the sand, this is me hoping there's good reason for S3's seemingly slowing of pace compared to what we've seen over the last year for example.