Controller Profiles always lost upon game re-start

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Havlena, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Michael Havlena

Michael Havlena New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,
    As the title suggests, I unfortunately have to rebind my controller almost every time I boot up the game...
    with the Dec update, I had to create two new controller profiles, whether I was using my controller wired or wireless. Not too sure why I needed two, but I had to as the game would not acknowledge controller profile settings from the wired setup when using the controller wirelessly, and vice-versa.
    anyway, two saved and uniquely named controller profiles were created for this reason, but still, every time I start the game, at least one of the two profile bindings are all lost.
    Hate having to rebind at the start of each game, can anyone please provide some insight as to what I might be doing wrong?
    My saved controller profiles are typically renamed for me with "_unique" identifier...
    Also noticed that the steering sensitivity is always reset to 50%, no matter what I set and save it to.
    Doubt that this is normal.
    Appreciate it guys!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

What controller are you using?

3. Michael Havlena

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry for not mentioning....microsoft x-box elite controller
    Thanks

4. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Could you send me your controller .rcs file please?
    It's found in...

<drive>:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

5. Michael Havlena

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Interestingly enough, I have two "Raceroom Racing Experience" folders. One has "install 2" as a suffix. The original has rcs files from Nov 2019, the other (install 2) has three rcs files that are more recent Feb 20, 2020. I'll attach all of them if I can...oh ya, one of them is when I had a bluetooth elite controller, which I have returned....I have a sneaking suspicion that I have potentially contradicting files here....not sure why I have a 2nd install folder?

Attached Files: