Cougar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oppolo, Mar 2, 2015.

1. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    the steering wheel covers the led engine RPM, it would be better a steering wheel like the canhard one

2. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I tend to adjust the seat back until I can see the full side view mirror
    in that position the LED is easy to see.
    but it does depend on how low you prefer to sit.

3. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    yes, I tried different positions of the seat, but no one was really suitable for me

4. nickfox2003

nickfox2003 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Hi Remove the Steering wheel which is in one of the options. this works and i can have seat where i like and see the display fine.

hope that helps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, when I started with Racinggames there were just a few who had a full cockpit view with animated wheel and arms,so ( like "laserscanning") everybody started to demand this as a must have, while actually having a virtual steering wheel is somehow pointless (unless there are display functions that would disappear without>>mini dashboard alternatively) as it gives me the feeling to control a virtual dummy that is driving a virtual car instead of myself.
    Just a matter of getting used to it - I would never get back... Only for replays its nice to reactivate it so that it doesn`t look like a ghost car..from cockpit view.

6. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    point of views
    I like to see as it looks the real wheel of the car I'm simulating
    I have this hobby from GPL (1999), always used the steering wheel view option actived, in some games, such as GTR and RACE also the arms animations. In raceroom only the wheel, otherwise the steering wheel in my hands is locked to 180

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Me too, the main reason to change was actually to get as much performance as possible (shutting off any eye candy features).
    It took a while but then I felt convinced to leave it this way ;)