Bug Cut track slowdown

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Just had two at Spa, first one at the hairpin wide to avoid someone, slow down, fair enough i guess, second one not so, following a car almost to the inch around Pouhon i get a slowdown he didnt yet we are taking the exact same line, same use of kerb, little wide and i slowed he didnt, it was totally wrong.

2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Maybe upload video from replay showing both cars positions when slow down occurred for you and not other driver ?

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Spa just got looked over for cut track rules as I recall. Since it used to be a very big problem simply because nearly all corners were painfully lenient. Allowing those that were less than stellar sportsmen to capitalize on that.

For instance, this used to be considered completely legal, and was in fact the fastest way through the corner. (click to enlarge)

R3E Spa Pouhon.JPG

Being more than a full cars length outside the track limit, and well onto the astroturf was legal before, but has been changed. From what I know, none of the testers were complaining about the rules being too strict once adjusted. So, perhaps a screenshot of the exact positioning you were at would help.

Cut track rules are never going to be perfect though. Even 'improving' the rule by making it a few inches more lenient will cause issue for someone else who thinks it is too lenient then.

Perhaps there is an error like with Paul Ricard 3C this past week, but I havent heard of anything like that.

4. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I for one am glad of the changes, it was just the 2nd one, pretty sure we couldnt have been much closerbut its obvious i slowed he didnt.
    I`ll check the replay again just to be sure, then upload a replay or screen or could upload the replay file probably easier.

Edit, after looking again nowhere near as wide as the image above, we were just touching the kerb, but both far enough off the track to justify both getting a slow down not just one of us, looked really odd, i was shouting at Charlie but he took no notice.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  5. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Vid uploaded as requested.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps this is a great demonstration for exactly why the cut rules have been adjusted. Both of you guys are way beyond the track limits (the white lines), and well onto the astroturf. Regardless of who got the penalty.

The green stuff is generally considered a cut now, so Im surprised both of you made it so far off before getting a penalty. Kerbs are acceptable though.

There was a lot of blatant cheating at spa in the past because the rules were so lenient, and people outright proclaimed they dont want to race spa because of this, so something had to be done.

Luckily the cut rules are the same for everyone, and you can adjust your driving accordingly, and easy enough.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Nate, the cut track rules are fine with me, the closer to two wheels on at all times the better, i dont tend to go that wide so was a little surprised at the slowdown which in itself wasnt the issue, just that we were both following the same line and only one got a slowdown.

• Like Like x 1
  8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Except for in the case of the video above right @nate ? Odd that the driver in front didn't get a penalty too.

Wonder if it's anything to do with the track (width) of the car @Not Lifting Off was driving, if it's slightly wider, may have been enough to break the cut track trigger?

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Could be that both of them were right on the threshold of the cut track area, and as you say, perhaps the car NLO was driving is a touch wider... triggering the penalty.

Dont think i can really tell though.

10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Think the answer is there, watching the replay from chase view you can see im a cats whisker off the kerb and it appears that the other driver looks to be a whisker on, maybe thats the answer, if you want the replay file your welcome, but i think its done with that answer.
    Closer inspection n all that.

Off topic, id love to know what Mr C disliked about my mega vid as short as it is i thought it was EPIC ;)

• Funny Funny x 1