Damage on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oppolo, Apr 7, 2015.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    We already know that new physics will address some of the clutch/gearing issues, banging down the gears like a maniac will be a thing of the past :) so maybe I can get within less than the 4 secs I'm off the aliens at the moment, 3.95 is my target!

2. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    not only autoclutch that I wouldn't use at all, I want to use my left pedal and it seems DTM do have a pedal clutch for starting
    http://www.dtm.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/2015-Technical-Regulations.pdf page 139
    as said before the game should recognize the gear of the car I'm driving and act damages as request.
    I would like to see a general revision of damages because atm, imo, are not well performed, also crashes and engine damages.
    To justify the actual state of damages, saying the game has to be flexible to satisfy all kind of customers' desires, is without any logical reason, ISI engine has several PF buttons to satisfy all aids people are asking for

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The damage model in general is WIP at the moment. And not only WIP, some parts are more or less only a placeholder so far. I'm sure time will bring improvement. And while it is important to point out weaknesses, the devs are aware of them already.

But also in the future there will have to be the possibility to customize stuff like the clutch to the controller somebody is using. A lot of people don't have three pedals, let alone an H-shifter or even a steering wheel. So for these people you will always need an autoclutch for example - otherwise they wouldn't be able to ever use a car that needs a clutch to not damage the gearbox.

4. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    this is for sure and already exists: PF5 , the issue here is when I choose "autoclutch off"
    Devs have implemented the gear damage, not present in ISI engine, but it is a not finished work.
    It's nice to have new cars and tracks all the time, but they should focus also in this gear damage even if it doesn't bring money, also to see something like this here https://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Grinding Tranny Mod , would be nice but the game must recognize the car I'm driving.
    Why I still must choose the type of gear on my controller settings because I can't write it in the setup http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=530748797 ? Liveforspeed recognizes the car with scripts, some rows in a text file are enough

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Do I really have to repeat this? :rolleyes:

Content developers (2/3D-artists for example) do not only not work on features like how clutch physics/damage is implemented, normally they also don't have a clue of how it's done. It's different people for different things. So producing content does not slow down the development of damage physics in whatever aspect.

Again: it's WIP and placeholders in the damage department at the moment. And it's being worked on. What more do you want? Bringing it up again and again won't speed up anything. ;)

6. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That's not at all what I was trying to say. My point was that the option to enable or disable auto-clutch must be there to suit a wide range of customers desires and equipment, it had nothing to do with the damage. My original understanding of your opening comment was that you were receiving damage because you hadn't enabled auto-clutch on a car that is supposed to be run with auto-clutch, and that you were upset that the game didn't automatically enable auto-clutch in a car that was supposed to have it. That's what all my comments were directed towards, that turning on auto-clutch will remove the damage and that we should have the option to run with or without auto-clutch as we desire. I don't think either of us share the same native language so it was probably just a misunderstanding that neither of us noticed.

Cheers

7. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    yes for sure,
    anyway I think DTM has autoclutch only when shifting, but I think they have to use the pedal clutch for start http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2013/05/dtm-technik-the-race-seat/ . what's your opinions?

8. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I believe that is correct. Whether or not they can/will implement this into R3E I have no idea. I'm not aware of any sim that replicates this feature, but I've not thoroughly investigated it because it's not something that has ever bothered me. It would be kinda cool though to have it as an option, would add to the immersion factor. But, I'd rather have full control during pitstops first because for me that would be a better addition to the immersion. Anything that adds to immersion is a good thing in my opinion though. IMMERSION FOR EVERYONE! :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ??!!?? have you ever used other games with autoclutch off?

10. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Nope, I'm pretty much an exclusive paddle/sequential shifter and usually just use the clutch for a foot rest. Like I said, I haven't investigated it, but it's not something I'd ever heard of being done so I didn't know if other sims replicated this or not. Apparently I was mistaken.

11. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Well, never mind, that's why we are not in the same level approaching this problem

• Like Like x 1