Dear friends and Devs:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarik Userli, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Today at the Germans most known Gaming Newspaper (gamestar.de) was a News about the Top Racing Games 2015. There was some games like pcars, assetto corsa, Rocket league (WTF!!!) and Dirt Rallye.

I was a little bit disappointed and have written a smal text about Raceroom and what our lovely sim can do. And that im rdy to give one of the Newsguys my account that they can test the game for one week.

Suprised what happens the Mainguy send me a pm and he want to make a news with me together about Raceroom in January or February. He will contact the Sector3 Guys.

This is such a big deal for everyone of us. Im surprised and excited at the same time.

When im knowing more about that im write here!

Oh Yes Oh yes :D

• Like Like x 26
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 9
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Thats so cool for any player of any game to get a positive response like that.
    Lets hope for the games sake it dosnt crash and burn.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Jll02

Jll02 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 have worked hard to improve this sim, and with all these recent updates, R3E for sure is one of my top racing "games" this year.

Good thinking Mr Tarik!

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I think it is great, that by your effort R3E might get at least some attention and hopefully an even more fair report, since there is an insider helping.
    On the other hand I am a bit worried about those gamestar-guys, who will have a hard time looking at the game from an actual sim-racers point of view. If they review as they usually do at gamestar (from the viewpoint of a "standard-gamer"), they might criticise the lack of a carreer, damage model, beginner-friendliness and of course the sales-model instead of emphasizing on the things we love about it and, as I am sure, a lot more people would, if they just knew it was worth it. I mean, to us the point of this sim is, that the racing is great! Everything else is secondary, right? :)

Anyway, I really hope that works out well for all of us and would like to say thanks a lot for your effort Tarik!

(By the way, hi guys, this actually is my first post here, though I´ve been reading the forums for quite some time now ;-) )

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Great effort Tarik, kudos.
    I guess the country where R3E needs the least help in terms of exposure is Germany, the majority of users probably is German, but every bit helps. ;)

Which magazine btw?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Wow, that´s very cool!
    That will be my first magazine I buy. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    It seems Germans have the best taste! ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    The best ping m8...

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oh, alright, a real biggy then. Well, that'd be great indeed.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Nice man, way to take action! Good luck with the review (if I'm using the right word)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Nice. I've also been surprised a couple of times, that Raceroom rarely gets mentioned in any "best racing games of 2015" reviews... I understand that it has a narrower audience than pCars, Forza, Gran Turismo, Need for Speed and the likes of them, but Assetto and Dirt Rally isn't that much more "gamer friendly", and they get a lot of attention.

Is it because it's still beta and the reviewers are waiting for the release to set the final verdict?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    It could also be a kiss of death in Germany and the wider field, imagine a typical online session, your on a hot lap heading for your pb at anygiventrack and someone joins the server as you go around that fast left, your off the track, your 15th not 5th on the grid, like that didnt annoy you enough, then we go to start the race and your left looking at a blank screen hearing the cars hit yours at the start but not being able to do a thing with your computer. I wouldnt want any serious review to come accross that in my game! Add the random crashes and discos and lots more little bugs im sure you could come up with, when it works it looks great it drives great, when it dosnt its a bitch of a game.
    I hope they dont meet the bitch.

Should start a bug list in this thread for the bugs you wouldnt want a serious reviewer to find or see.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  14. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Of course, but i think this issue get solved after the New years ave

15. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I dont know how the devs think about my project. Maybe they want to kick my Ass, hope Not ^^

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Yes, would be interesting to know their opinions. Generally I think it will be fantastic because the newspaper "Gamestar" is highly regarded and it can only be good in terms of receiving more attention.
    The RaceRoom project really deserve it, no doubt!

Best regards
    Jan

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Maybe write @J-F Chardon a lettler before they do and tell him all about that (probably with the link he will see it anyway :D ).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I have contacted j-f earlier with pm. Ask him some stuff about preview content.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Next step to the review is done.

• Like Like x 10
  20. Naratik

Naratik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Wow that's huge!

GameStar is by far the biggest gaming magazin and website in germany. They have 700.000 Subscribers on youtube (thats a looot for a german channel) and they can have a big impact on the german gamers. I know that some GameStar guys are really big racing and simulator fans (Dirt Rally was one of the best rated game of this year). Lets hope that they dont critize too much the buisness model and the lack of some features that will come soon.

• Agree Agree x 3