Problem Dedicated : Public IP change => Dedi HS

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by le_poilu, Nov 10, 2015.

1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Yesterday my ISP changed my public IP. It was the first time in the last 18th months. And I wasn't aware of this before it appends and I restarted my router.

Because of that the R3E dedi stopped working, nothing so unusual but there's an issue by the way Dedi are managed...

After I discovered the IP change I didn't thought about the Dedi running, but when I launched the game, I couldn't connect to the server hosted on my dedi.. They were on the lobby but I had the "unable to join" error.

So I went on the server to restart Dedi binary. When I did so it launched well, but as a brand new one. All the server configured were gone !
    There's not even a local configuration save ?!? Seems like everything is tight to the public IP and somehow hosted by S3S server, am I wrong ?

The bad news was that old server were still registered, and I wasn't able to recreate same server, as it refused the same server name when I recreate it.

I had a [HFR-LP] WTCC @ Macau => I had to create [HFR-LP] WTCC14 @ Macau
    etc

Did this appends only because the dedi was online when IP changed ?
    What appends when IP change when the Dedi is offline/shutdown ?

I think it's a little bit hard to lost all server configuration after that, configuration should be something stored locally and not tight to the public IP.

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Was your dedi running without any stopps in the last weeks?

The Dedi-Tool was updated a few weeks ago and after that my configs were lost, too.
    If it was running permanent the last weeks maybe it was updated now after the restart.

3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    My dedi was updated with the last version when update came, didn't loose anything at this time.
    I don't think you can have a running dedi with older version.