Problem Dedicated server issues!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GooseCreature, Jun 5, 2015.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if I'm being dumb but have set up a dedicated server, forwarding all the right ports on Router, Firewalls allowing all. Server is proudly sat empty in the server list and can join race, pick model & livery but go no further! :-/
    Now I've read that it may not be possible to connect to one's own server now this a shared ip thing?
    My sever is a dedicated Win 10, i7 machine so would like to run a few but one would be nice!

Anyone had same problem or able to point out my stupidity?

2. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I could join my own server hosted on the same machine.
    But i had a few other issues.... Qualy was private and i don't know how to change it.
    After the race I left to the lobby and the server was still "in race" with nobody on the server and wasn't changing the track. So I stopped the server but it was still in the lobby and marked as "in race". After stopping the cmd window and starting it again it now appears in the lobby again and you can join the training session.

Edit: The issue with the private qualification is just a setting. There is a little button next to the duration of the qualification where you can switch between rolling start (same like in the competitons) and standing start (same like on the R3E hosted servers).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015