Bug Dedicated Server lost Connections and settings after new WAN-IP-Address, Auto-load and -start Events

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von ACX_Com, 27. Januar 2021.

1. ACX_Com

ACX_Com New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Since this problem has not yet been discussed in any way, I will create a separate entry for it.
    I hope this information is helpful in troubleshooting and eliminating the bugs too.

Server events are lost after a new internet connection and are incorrect in the game:

After the network of the Dedi-Server receives a new WAN IP address, no more events are displayed on the administrator website (localhost: 8088).
    On the website it is possible to create new events or import backups - however, e.g. importing has no effect until the server (the Dedi software) has been restarted.

I tested the following:
    Dedi Server runs with created events (from BackUp).
    The multiplayer list is opened in the game - the event is displayed and works to join.
    Internet connection re-established and thus new WAN IP received.
    In the game> multiplayer list (was already open before) the server is still displayed.
    If you join the game, you get the error "No response from" server ".
    This does not change anything if you click "Update server list".
    Even if you go to the main menu and back to the multiplayer list, the server is still displayed, but you cannot enter the game> "No response from the server"!

Mind you - if you import a backup, for example, this has no effect, the website remains without events.

The server MUST be restarted after a WAN IP change.
    Then it runs again including the possibility of importing back-ups and the possibility to join the events and of course their correct display in the multiplayer list.

The fact is that there are "master servers" at RaceRoom, which manage the information between the Dedi servers and the clients.
    Some things are wrong here - I'm 100% sure of that!

Unfortunately, I have not found any information / instructions on whether there are any configuration settings or extra software (e.g. to communicate the Dedi server WAN IP address) etc.

That's missing:
    The Dedi server should e.g. independently import back-ups by specifying attributes and start the events themselves.

Isn't that possible?
    Is it also through settings, scripts, Windows task planning, etc.?
    Btw ... The Dedi-Server software is started automatically after booting via the task planning and works perfectly.

Would be very nice and SUPER if that could be resolved or someone could give me tips.