Device Missing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SumNoob, Jul 31, 2016.

1. SumNoob

SumNoob New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Whenever I first get into a game it says device missing. I press a key and the message goes away. If I am in multiplayer this happens every match if I stay in the same server.

All of my controls work like they should. This message is annoying anyway to make it go away?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you just need to delete the old and create a new Controller-Profile. Have you tried that already?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. SumNoob

SumNoob New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes. same thing. I am using an old G25 wheel with fanatec pedals. Both on separate usbs. I think thats is the problem. The game works fine other than this message.

4. SumNoob

SumNoob New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else with an idea to make this error go away?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    same problem, no solution. you are not alone...
    think only way is to recreate a new profile

6. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Same issue here. All hardware using separate USBs. CSW v1 wheel with universal hub, CSR elite pedal base with HB attached to base. Happ 6 speed shifter and button box using this board.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-delay-...s-For-Arcade-Happ-diy-kit-Parts-/191558246087

FYI you can make all sorts of stuff with this board.

I tried making a new profile, but the error always eventually comes back. I just learned to deal with it since it has been there for years.

7. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have Fanatec CSW v2 with Clubsport pedals and when I swap from BMW GT wheel to F1 wheel, my pedals always disconnect. I have to reassign them for the to work.

8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Same here. No matter if I change first the rim or the profile. The replaced wheel is recognized correctly not until restart of RR. Now and then throttle and brake of my cs V3 pedals directly connected via usb to pc have to be rematched again. Strangely clutch remains applied. I also had to reset steering seetings in setup garage because I had to turn the wheel far to much.
    Furthermore the Porsche 918 wheel does not work fine as well. No default presets are available, it's not recognized as Fanatec 918 wheel and the lock doesn't fit.
    @Fanapryde , have you got any suggestions, how you handle this? Once you posted, that you run Formula and Porsche wheel alternating.
    Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Sadly no suggestions here...
    Never lost pedals (be it the V3's or the actual HE Pro's), when changing rims, even on the roadside after starting a session (when I forgot to do it before).
    I have had the "missing device" a few times some time ago, when I switched button boxes, but even then the pedals worked...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  10. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Isn't there a controller config file you could delete to solve this? I had similar problems once, which I solved by deleting that file, but it might not be the exact same issue you guys are having.

11. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Do you still know where to find?:rolleyes:

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Your control sets are found in My Documents/My Games/SimBin/R3E/User Data/Control Sets.

Probably the controller config they are talking about above. Make sure to save a copy of it before hand if you want to use it again after deleting whatever is in there. Your FFB settings and keybinds will be gone if you delete those files.

13. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @nate, these I know, I just thought there's a "major" config for controlls.
    One config, to rule them all...:)