Do AI brake better than what a human can?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jynn, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I've been having some annoying situations where right behind an AI car, I brake at the same spot or a bit earlier , but still end up slamming into him. When side by side and braking at the same time, it feels like initially braking effectiveness is similar but halfway through braking I go flying ahead of him. Do any of you find this or am I just crap at braking? This is in the corvette GTR3. (it's got ABS right?)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yup, they have way better brakes..

3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i havent had major problems with this.

i do usually pull out from behind under brakes tho even if im not going to overtake.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The AI definitely stop quicker which can make them difficult to race closely with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice if sector3 improved this as it does make racing the AI rather frustrating when a race-ending crash happens that wasn't your fault. But, and I'm just guessing here, this is possibly intentional so that the AI are able to have similar laptimes to what the aliens can achieve, thus giving them some sort of challenge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
  7. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I have to brake a little early than AI, maybe we should have air cooling brake settings

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    id like ai options. im the kind of guy who likes to tune everything so a ai slider/file for braking, lateral grip, acceleration, agressivness ect is somthing i could kill hours with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I always drive with one or two clicks higher rear downforce level than the default setting, but for me it's quite the opposite, I can outbrake the AI without problems.

(By the way, maybe I'm simply a bad driver, but in this game a high downforce setup almost always works better for me, even on circuits with long straights, because as you increase the rear wing's angle, the time gain from shorter braking zones and increased cornering speed is somehow much more significant than the loss from increased drag.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    The ai do seem to stop quicker, but I got used to that and now I break out of the file before braking

11. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    And maybe a "He turned in on me slider" for our mates in NZ.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    thing is Ai are just that an AI so they have less awareness , so as to not eat up all of the processor , so they have to have a few things tweaked , simplified etc , so having better brakes is one of them ; and in reality its only really noticable until you get up to temps ; a lap or two; after that you can out brake them ... well thats how i see it

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    AI doesn't break at all they totaly stop! they're imposible to race close with avoid being behind one you will end up slaming in to it??
    Actualy tryed litle close racing but it i imposible they slam the breaks 110% even for a litle twich in the road and then back to 100% accelerate they are driving very JERKY!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. matteman

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    If you running into the back of the AI with force, perhaps try increasing the AI difficulty 1 - 2% at a time to minimize contact under braking into corners. The AI should then brake deeper or later into the corner allowing you more race-room. Without a clean or faster exit you should not be able to breeze past the AI on the straights.
    Just my opinion.:)

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Oh! wy idn't I think of that.. thanx for reminding me :D

16. matteman

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Your Welcome. Personally i think R3 AI is good. Not perfect but pretty good. However, the correct difficulty level setting, is the key to enjoying competitive AI racing.
    Again Just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    One thing I noticed the AI is much more competitive with the older physics, for example in a DTM '13 race AI with 97%-100% strength can be challenging, but with the recently updated content like the GTR3 class they are seconds off my pace with the same setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    It made a world of difference when you tweeked in the AI to mach your driving skill in % they realy give you run for the money and are very much better. But there is still a litle avaoidance to think of and not get to close before a corner they still break very hard but more prolike I gues. :D

• Like Like x 1
  19. CrustyA

CrustyA New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    so whats the consensus on the adaptive AI?
    Are you all finding its better to race AI after finding the correct strength % for your particular skill level instead of adaptive?

20. matteman

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Short answer yes i prefer to race AI at my set strength.
    However, to be honest, for me I have not spent a lot of time with adaptive AI.
    My understanding was the Adaptive AI take some time to learn your level based on your lap times. So if you drive the same car and series most of the time that's fine. I like to set the AI Strength to my preferred setting because i find at some tracks i can win, and at other tracks on the same setting I struggle a little. This variance also happens depending on which car / track / or Championship i choose.

• Agree Agree x 2