Bug DRS Aerodynamics Issue: DTM 2015 Mercedes undriveable

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by OverTheClock, Nov 16, 2016.

1. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    since the last Patch the DTM 2015 Mercedes is undriveable with DRS.
    No traction. The rear completely loses the ground.

Affected is only the 2015 Mercedes.
    Audi and BMW are ok.

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yep, definitely a bug here.

It's reported to the devs now. Not sure how long before a fix will occur though.

3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
  4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Definitely different issue as Nate said been reported

5. Xentran

Xentran New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I hope the dev's are on it and will fix it sap. Right now, u can't handle it with DRS.

6. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Fix in 6 Month ;).

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Maybie the other DTM2015 have also a Bug with DRS.
    Yesterday we took some Training for our upcomming VRTM-Race (DTM 2015) at Slovakiaring and also tested the DRS on BMW M4.
    With activated DRS, the Sector-Times were slower. I loose nearly 2 sec. over the hole track when I activate DRS and I had to upshift later and didn't reach the limiter in 6th gear. Without DRS I nearly reach the limiter in 6th gear and had to upshift earlier. So for me DRS on BMW M4 DTM 2015 works like the complete opposite. It feels like activation of DRS will slow down your car.

Has anybody made the same experience?

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce and then report it to the devs.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I tried to replicate what you were trying to explain.

a) Defautl final drive is way too short. I'm bumping into the rev limiter all over the course - way before the end of straights.

b) If you change the final drive (5 or 6 clicks), you stop running into the rev limiter until you activate DRS. Unfortunately, with DRS activated, I ran into the rev limiter again. AND my non-DRS ghost car started catching me down the straights.
    I'm not that good a driver and I was running 1:54 laptimes.

c) When I activate DRS, the car becomes extremely twitchy and any steerring input starts a low frequency oscillation - tank slapper(?) Eventually, the rear end loses grip and the car spins. And just like my video at Portimao, the slightest incline and the rear end loses grip at the crest and spins. Even shifting while accelerating with DRS activated with cause the car to get out of shape. I wasn't able to complete a lap using DRS. Kept spinning.

I wanted to provide a video....unfortunately, I can't get into the game. Error 503. And the raceroom website is down too.

I probably have several hundred laps in the Daytona Prototype at Slovakia Ring. I think there is something wrong with the DTM 2015 Mercedes for this track. I didn't get to test the BMW or Audi.

FYI

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    slap in six minutes

Andi

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I'm not sure if you understud me right, so I will try to answer to your posted points...

a) That's for sure...I built a setup for the BMW M4 DTM 2015 before the patch where I changed the gear-ratio some clicks longer (1 or 2). With this I ran barely into limiter at the end of straights without DRS. I testet this setup under qualifying conditions (more track-grip, no DRS avialable) and in leaderboard, but not under Training- or Race-Conditions...all before the patch. My personal best time was 1:51.197

b) After the patch, I took the same setup for the BMW under trainig-conditions (less track-grip, DRS avialable). Without DRS the BMW is a bit twitchier,because of less track-grip than in qualifying and laptimes were a bit slower (around 0,5 sec.). I barely reached the limiter at end of straights. All of that is expected behavior. Laptime around 1:52.7xx at Slovakiaring

c)When I activate DRS, the car became a little bit twitchier, like aspected. But now, I never reached limiter at the end of straights and even if I speed up from corners, I had to shift up later than without DRS. Aspected behavior with DRS would be the need to shift up earlier, than without DRS and that I surely hit the limiter at the end of straights. None of the expected behavior happens. Laptime droped to 1:54.xxx to 1:55.xxx with activated DRS, but the BMW didn't spin, like the Mercedes does on every track. As soon as I didn't activate DRS over a hole Lap, my Laptimes were somewhere between high 1:51s and high 1:52s

In qaulifying (no DRS available) I reached a 1:51.8xx after the patch and the car behave like before the patch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stede

Stede Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  14. OverTheClock

OverTheClock Member