Problem error 502

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Jan 26, 2017.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I've been having a minor issue with the game for the last week of so. In that i'ts been loosing connection to the server and dropping me out to windows at the end of the race. I'm usually done by then so I haven't given it much thought. And when reaching 1/2 way around the world stuff happens.
    This started happening around the time of the last steam update.
    Last night and this morning, which is the first chance I've had to play since the latest R3E update. I've been getting a "Cannot connect to server" message and then it routes me here "http://error.raceroomracing.com/"
    and says "Error 502 Bad gateway"
    I've checked my internet connection and it is running just under 50mps and is solid. I haven't changed anything on my end.
    When I did get in, (I spent 35mins trying to race) the menu screens take forever to load. I could get as far as the single player/single race screen. Select cars and tracks and edit all my settings. Then when I try to race it either goes gray for about 30 seconds then routes me back to that screen. Or just the gray screen the the car moving around in the background. I left it for about 5 minutes on the last try with no change. The computer is not locked. I can Alt tab around and load other programs and do other things. But R3E seem to be in an endless loop and I have to use task manager to force quit it.
    None of this has generated a crashdump file.

2. QuiteSlow

QuiteSlow New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Greg! Having the same or similar problem so I'm curious as to how you resolved it? To be precise, I've been unable to get past the splash screen since the update. I get the 'Error Code 17992 - can't connect to server' message which then carries on to the 'Error 502 bad gateway' webpage when I click 'OK', as you mention above. Any help would be appreciated.

3. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hello.I am missing two tracks in "Select Track" Lakevieuw Hillclimb and Raceroom Hillclimb?????

4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    They're not available in race mode, just go to leaderboard or practice.;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. w.velgersdijk

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Hello, since when? Wednesday they were still there!

6. w.velgersdijk

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Sorry! I've seen it thanks for the reply

7. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    You cannot do a race against other cars on hillclimb tracks. And you never could.

8. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
  9. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I thought it resolved itself. But it happening again.

10. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Judging by lack of complaints it has to be something on your end for you two guys having issues imo otherwise we would be flooded with complaints , i will dig around see if i can find anything to help

11. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andy, It's just weird that only nordschleife is a problem. Even Nurburgring is good.
    I have everything set to absolute minimum. It runs good for about a minute or so then goes completely wonky. Wish I could post a vid of it.

12. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Seems you are reporting 2 different problems a connection loss at end of race and second one being graphics related ?
    One thing to check is how many replays you have delete them if not bothered also look in steam for screenshot location if you have lots delete and try game again imo

13. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ok Thanks. I generally have replays disabled. But found it wasn't after last steam update. So I'll give that a try. On the down side I did a hardware analysis and sadly discovered that one of the cores of my duel core graphics card is starting to die:(. And unfortunately it's the apu. Which makes perfect sense. Since it's the animation that's going weird. I guess it's time to start saving up for a new computer. The old gaming laptop is finally sliding down hill. I just hope it holds out for the 6 to 8 months it's going to take me so save up the money to upgrade my system.
    Yes was a little scattered when I started the post. Not really concerned about the first part. More letting s3e know what's up.
    Thanks for taking time to help me out. I really appreciate it. Anything to take some stress off my system is very helpful. So for now I will have to get my nord fix in GTR2 or Race 07:rolleyes::oops::(;):)
    P.S. I've been want a new computer for while now. So now I need to really focus on what I want. :innocent::smilingimp:;):)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  14. QuiteSlow

QuiteSlow New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andy. By the way this is the first time I've had a problem of this sort in the nigh-on three years I've had it installed. Tried a few of the suggestions found in the forums relating to similar problems, and also updated the graphics drivers, but still no joy.

15. QuiteSlow

QuiteSlow New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sussed. I've just noticed my Kaspersky software was set to 'Always scan encrypted connections'. Instead I've selected 'Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components' in the Kaspersky network settings page, which I believe is the default setting anyway, and this seems to have cured the problem. Greg, it may be that you have some similar settings/options in your security software that could be contributing to your problems? Just a thought.