Problem Fanatec CSL not recognized

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by dejw_d, May 25, 2019.

1. dejw_d

dejw_d New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So suddenly R3E doesn't recognize my wheel anymore. When I try to assign functions it registers inputs but for some reason doesn't recognize the wheel profile and says that the device is not connected.
    Creating a new profile as well as system reboots didn't help.

Any idea what I could try aside from a reinstall of the game?

Attached Files:

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    First thought it is maybe not switched to PC? Have you checked that you can calibrate it via the Fanatec software?

3. dejw_d

dejw_d New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it is in PC mode and I can jump from sim to sim with no problem. Only R2E suddenly doesn't recognize it anymore.

4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm having exactly the same problem! I just switched to PC after using the CSL Elite for a few months on PS4 and I can sometimes get R3E to allow me to map inputs but then it randomly doesn't see the wheel again. Tried with the standard CSL Elite wheel and the McLaren wheel. It's annoying because for the few minutes that it was working it looked like a really enjoyable sim.

5. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Which Fanatec driver do you have installed?

6. dejw_d

dejw_d New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the newest driver. I ended up reinstalling the game and now it works. Extremely annoying though. It never recognizes my CSL LC brakes though. So I have to map them every time.

7. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I haven't had that happen so I am at a complete loss as to what to suggest at the moment. One of the other testers has the CSL elite as well but also hasn't had the issue. Not much help to you I know.
    @Gagaryn Have you just sterted to play R3E?

8. Gagaryn

Gagaryn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'm brand new to it - built a PC yesterday (normally I use a Mac and have been playing AC and PC2 on PS4), and first thing I did after Windows and driver updates was install Steam and a load of games (AC, ACC, PC2, Dirt, Dirt 2.0, Kart Kraft, R3E) and they all work fine except R3E.

My Fanatec driver is 330, it's beta so perhaps the problem lies there?

9. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I reinstalled my fanatec driver last week and it installed 311. Have just checked Fanatec Australia webpage and 311 and 328 (Beta) are the only 2 that show up for the CSL Elite base.
    I am not saying that yours is wrong, just that I can't see 330.
    Can you try verifying the game files via steam. Right click on raceroom, select properties, Click on the "local files" tab then click on "Verify Integrity Of Game Files"

10. Gagaryn

Gagaryn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Paul, yes the EU website is the same - 330 is beta but has optimised motor control CSL Elite PS4 which is what I am using. It's not made it to the website but is a available on the Fanatec forum (which is a mess!)

A. Driver:
    1. Fixed multiposition switches (MPS) slider bar shows in steering wheels without MPS and no steering wheel attached.
    2. Fixed crashing issue in Mouse Setting page when OK button is clicked when no steering wheel attached.
    3. New firmwares included:
    - ClubSport Wheel Base V1 V637
    - ClubSport Wheel Base V2 V638
    - ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 V639 + Motor Driver v22
    - CSL Elite Wheel Base V640
    - CSL Elite Wheel Base PS4 V641 + Motor Driver v22
    - ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 / F1 2018 V24

B. Firmwares:
    1. Improved performance of MPS when in "Encoder" mode, stops MPS encoder signal when MPS isn't rotated
    2. Improved analogue joystick calibration for ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 / F1 2018
    3. Safety: wheel bases motor is deactivated when a firmware update is ongoing or when an unknown steering wheel is attached.
    4. Optimized motor control parameters for CSL E WB PS4 and ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5

[Edit - tried to include a link but I'm too new!! Need to have made 4 posts, this is my third I think!]

I think I did try to Verify Integrity but will try again. If that fails I'll also try deleting and redownloading as nothing to lose at the moment - it isn't working anyway!

11. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Before you delete the whole game try renaming the Raceroom Racing Experience folder in - Documents/my games/Simbin. Then start the game again and see if that changes things.

12. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    The game will create a new folder.

13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Paul - will go that a try. :)

14. Gagaryn

Gagaryn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    BTW - I'll link to the 330 driver incase you want to try it...

15. Gagaryn

Gagaryn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Edit - still won't let me - forum can't count!

The following error occurred:
    Sorry, you were not able to save since the content contained a link

For this Forum, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements

Minimum Requirements
    The number of posts you have created must exceed: 4 (Yours: 5)

16. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Don't worry about the link. I can find it myself.

17. Gagaryn

Gagaryn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    quick update, tried renaming folder in SimBin folder - no change. Tried deleting game and reinstalling - no change. Even though the game does not detect the wheel as a controller it will occasionally allow me to map inputs so although it does not think it is seeing the wheel - it is, at least sometimes. It does allow me to reload saved mappings though, and the FFB needs to be reset every time, so it is still a massive pain. I can only assume it may be a driver 330 incompatibility? Hopefully a new driver from Fanatec or a R3E update will fix this - until then I'm stuck!

18. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    My last suggestion would be to try the 311 driver. The 330 seems to be the only difference we have.

19. Gagaryn

Gagaryn New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Quick update on this. I didn't rollback to an earlier driver as there are a few guys over on the Fanatec forum using the same driver as I am using and they are not having any issues.

I tried the nuclear option, complete uninstall from Steam games common folder any deleting SimBin folder from Documents then reinstall but I still have the same issue - it will allow me to map controls and save a controller setup but when I go into the game the next time, although the setup is saved it says there is missing device. Even then it will let me remap the controls using the device it says is missing, i.e. the CSL Elite PS4 although one time it saw the wheel but couldn't see the pedals and I could not map them until a restart. Clicking detect device doesn't help. Have tried different combinations of powering up wheel first then game and other way around but the issue persists. Have rebooted computer - issue persists.

If it is relevant, I have the Fanatec shifter, handbrake and Clubsport pedals connected to the wheelbase with a single USB going the computer. Have tried various USB ports to rollout an issue there but I don't think that is the issue - even when Raceroom is saying missing device it is allowing me to map controls from that device so it is seeing it. And the wheel works perfectly in every other game.Anything else I can try? Any config files that might give a clue as to what is happening?

Appreciate your help. :)

20. Paul Darke

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Can you give me a screen shot of the controller setup page please?