Bug FFB Glitch in TC Cup Cars and BMW GT4 Car

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MattStone, Aug 26, 2020.

1. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I've mention this before in another thread a few months back

I've always had this problem with the BWM M4 GT4 car since it's release. I have this notchy grating feeling when turning the wheel; it's there at any speed; moving and when standing still

I'm not sure how to describe it but it feels like I can feel every notch in the belt drive in my CSW wheel base!
    But I know it's not my CSW wheel base as this feeling is only there for the BMW GT4 car AND now I have noticed that this feeling is also in both the two new TC Cup cars and the Volkswagen ID. R

So this bug is now in all your new car releases since the BMW M4 GT!

I've tried pretty much every car in every class in R3E and the above 4 cars are the only ones that are giving me this notchy grating feeling!

Just in case this was a problem with my wheel base drivers or firmware; I have tried various versions of both and the problem is always there for those cars

Is this a bug? is there something else I can try to get rid of it?

2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Do you have the 'steering rack' FFB setting set to 100%? That setting can cause these problems if set to high, I would recommend staying at 50% or below.

3. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    nope it's set at 65

note that the newGTE Prosche doesn't have the notchy feeling

4. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    ok it definitely is the steering rack setting!
    at 50 I can just feel it

It's a shame as I much rather prefer to have it over 50

So the begging question is why does only happen in the new car releases?

5. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    Most likely the increase in detail in both suspension and tire physics that start to show more underlying issues like this.

6. Thomas Jansen

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    If you like the steering rack setting because of the better feeling for understeer, you could try using the understeer effect instead.

7. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    thanks mate; I’ll do some tweaking tomorrow

Having the rack higher made the ffb feel more natural and predictable, all very subjective I know but I’ll tweak until I get it right.
    Funny Thing is I’ve only been using the higher rack setting since around about the time the BMW was released

That rack setting is what Fanatic suggested; I was trying their recommendation settings and just tweaked it a bit and it felt great save the notching feeling.