FFB multiple questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theravenousbeast, Apr 2, 2016.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    For the longest time I've been trying to get the FFB to feel similar to these RACE07/GTR2 settings, either through the ingame options or by editing the controlset files. Over time, R3E has had multiple new settings added that make this more difficult. So there are multiple answers I'm looking for:

FFB steer force grip factor - Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a factor the front wheel grip is on the steering weight

This line is gone from R3E and I'm wondering is this hardcoded now or replaced by some different settings. For the record, I prefer it at 1.0, meaning only the front wheel grip is factored in.

FFB steer force front grip exponent and FFB steer force rear grip exponent

Both these are new lines in R3E's settings. If I had to guess these replace the previous line, but I would like to clarified. Also if this is correct, what values would I need to have set for it to replicate the aforementioned settings? Front grip exponent at 1.0 and rear at 0?

FFB steer load multiplier and FFB steer lateral multiplier.

Probably the most confusing ones to me. These are also new to R3E so my question would be at what values these would be most similar to the GTR2/RACE? My assumption from experiment is that the VL would be much lower than LL, but again clarification would be great.

FFB steer rack factor

For the record, I've always had this one at 0 in R3E but the latest patch had the default at 100, so I'm now more confused than ever.

2. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Bumping this, still curious :)

• Agree Agree x 1