Problem File Error .log game won't start

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by filmogriter, Nov 11, 2015.

1. filmogriter

filmogriter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone. Downloaded this from steam and had a couple of races. Really interested in getting more into it. went to start it yesterday and I was getting the error shown below. After clicking yes or no the game just shuts down. Tried many times and eventually uninstalled and re-downloaded/installed again. still same error. The log file it references is different each time.

File Error
    File: C:Users\...\MyGames\SimBin\RaceRoomRacingExperience\UserData\Log\Game_2015_11_11_13_49_07_842.log':A. Do you want to continue?

The log is just a pile of Chinese symbols.

Would love it if someone could help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, sounds a bit strange. Sounds like R3E want's to open that file but can't get it.

Maybe you can try to move all files from the "C:Users\...\MyGames\SimBin\RaceRoomRacingExperience\UserData\Log\"-Folder in a Backup-Folder so that the ...\Log\-Folder is clear. After that try to start R3E.

3. filmogriter

filmogriter New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that. I did try that one with no luck at all. Then I thought it may be an administrator thing which it wasn't. I did notice that steam wasn't running in admin mode after yesterday working hard at stopping it from starting in compatibility mode. Had to delete registry errors etc. After setting steam to run in admin mode again what do you know. It started in compatibility mode again as well. And RR started and ran as normal. I only had the steam starting in compatibility mode AFTER I had installed RR.