For you guys who have more than one steam account

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by heppsan, Nov 13, 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to create a new steam account for the kids and transfer their games from my account to theirs?
    Or will I have to buy them all the games again? o_O

My oldest son is still a bit young to get his own R3E account (not that into racing yet anyways.., if we ain't talking about BeamNG kind of racing) :eek::rolleyes::D
    But he is starting to get friends in school that wants to add him on steam, but I don't want to add them to my account..

2. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    i dont think it is possible to transfer, however you can make a family group and share your games within the group. ofc only one of you will be able to play the game at a time, but that is the only limitations i know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Family sharing has a number of limitations, one of them being that you cannot share games that require an additional account, like R3E. But yeah, if that isn't a problem family sharing is probably the easiest way to do it.

4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks.
    That might be a problem the day they do want to start racing with me in R3E then..

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Family Sharing is the biggest pain in the ass ever. I'd skip it if at all possible Heppsan. I tried to share a few games with my son and I couldn't be on Steam when he played them, I had to manually approve each game. I finally said to hell with it and bought him copies of the games he wanted to play.

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it'd be easier if you'd create a new account for yourself... depends on how many games you have that you want for yourself. If it's only/mainly R3E, you can change the e-mail address your R3E account is linked to, so it would be possible to "transfer" your game from one steam account to another...Come to think of it, that's one advantage of not having R3E's content sold via steam store..

7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It's mostly R3E I play, but I have quite a few games on my account that aren't that kid friendly. ;)
    So I think setting a new one up for the boys would be the best choice.

• Agree Agree x 1