Resolved Force feedback shocks around center position

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by rubbaDuck, Dec 4, 2016.

1. rubbaDuck

rubbaDuck Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have an issue with my TX-Wheel (F1 AddOn) and an annoying force feedback effect around the center position. Supposed I am going down a long straight: Whenever I am moving my wheel slightly off the center position I am getting a strong, very short hit from the force feedback. This happens on really moderate movements regardless of current speed. I am moving the wheel less than 5 degrees (so the car is still not really changing direction) and everytime there is this "hit" on the steering wheel. Feels a little bit like hitting a curbstone on high speed.

I tried to lower each subeffect (understeer, vertical load etc) in the "steering force settings" section to zero. Still happens. Set "Steering Force Intensity" to zero and it does not happen any longer (but is not really a solution ;)). Is it a bug?? Is it a feature and I did not find the way to reduce it? Does anybody else have this problem too??

Did not play R3E for several months. So I cannot tell you if this issue is "new" or not. But it seems to be an Raceroom issue as I do not see such a problem in Assetto Corsa.

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Turn down minimum force

• Like Like x 1
  3. rubbaDuck

rubbaDuck Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much!!!
    This solved my issue. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I really think this ought to be somewhere more prominent in either the loading screens and the forums, it gets asked far too often.

5. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
  7. rubbaDuck

rubbaDuck Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I tried searching, but did not find the solution. But it's also hard to explain (and find the right search terms) when you do not have any clue why this is happening. ;)

Fully agree. Now that I understand the issue, the tutorial text is perfectly right for me. But it was not while I was investigation my "strange issue". Also this options seems to be "unusual" to me. I am into Simracing since SimBins "Race: The WTCC Game" and I don't remember any option like this... Maybe I am justing getting old. :)

8. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0