Forza Horizon 5

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Andy Kettler, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  2. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  3. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I've been playing quite a bit over the holidays and enjoying it, tho there are some annoying bugs still around...most notable, I have to enter the control menus every time I launch the game and manually select my custom wheel profile as it always defaults to the thrustmaster tx default file.

Overall performance is really good and on high graphics preset it looks great I'm usually north of 90fps with a i5 9600kf, 1660 ti and 34" ultra wide monitor 2560x 1080 HDR

FFB wise...on the roads, I'll be honest the ffb isint that great and pretty vague with very little road detail...similar to the Dirt Rally games but off-road there is tons of ffb...hell IMO I'd say it's better than dirt rally 2.0

Personally I love the dirt side the most.
    I also forgot from FM4 days how fun it is to build/tune and customize cars in this game.

A great alternative when you need a break from the Sims.
    Tho I'll admit, due to this title I'd really love to see a more in depth semi sim version done in the future with a little less "hey bro" and a little more adultish.
    Thinking the madness engine would be a great platform for an open world sim....if they can improve the AA and shadows.
    Decent ffb and physics, graphics, wheel support and VR :)

4. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Oh thx no not the Madness Engine. That already ruined the dream from AMS1 physics/feeling in a new gfx engine :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Interesting stuff...

From the video description:

"Links:
    Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iybNSYUUXuN-S4GEjahAjk114TggG4xHny84-c_X3xA/edit#gid=0
    Data out details: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...-Motorsport-7--Data-Out--feature-details.aspx
    Data tools: https://github.com/richstokes/Forza-data-tools

Haven't tested but apparently there are Forza sim dashboard apps for phones that do the same. discord (new): https://discord.gg/8BAXvEAH6h

Tuners being able to make their shared tunes adjustable was a feature that never made it into Forza games. If you are on a downloaded tune, you can't change any parts or settings. However, there are ways to get around this. I will show you how to completely reverse engineer or "unlock" a tune without glitches or exploits.

If you are a tuner, you DO NOT own the rights to your tunes, as they can be easily replicated by anyone. I will not remove this video or any results I may find through testing tunes as it does not violate any rules or terms of services. I will try to avoid publishing settings from other tuners. However, I won't be responsible for anyone else. If you want your tunes to stay private, you shouldn't have shared them in the first place."

7. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  8. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  9. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  10. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  12. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    How well does it run on your system? Yesterday I installed horizon 4 again and I forgot how much fun it is. So Horizon 5 is on my wish little as well, together with Grid legend. Horizon 4 runs very smooth on my system with a 3440x1440 ultra wide. But I’m not sure Horizon 5 will as smooth as well.

15. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I get around 80fps in 1080p with a mix of high and ultra settings. In H4 i could run everything maxed out and got 90-100fps.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks… today I made some nice progress in FH4 and I really have a great time. Played it a few hours since I bought it and never played it again. But now with my new ultra wide screen etc I gave it a 2nd try and I really like it. Just a fun race game which looks stunning. So I will buy FH5 any time soon. Thanks again. :D

17. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Remember you can get the MS Game Pass for 1$ and play H5 and 200+ other games too :D

18. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Ah yeah 1 month for €1 indeed. I can test it and see if it runs ok. I won’t pay every month €10 for a subscription. thanks for the heads up. :D

19. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Well just installed it no runs smoothly. That said, I have a lot of crashes with this version. Versions 4 no problemo at all but FH5 is an other story.. :eek:

20. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0