Problem Freak shutdown in ranked

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mariusz Kazubek, May 30, 2021.

1. Mariusz Kazubek

Mariusz Kazubek New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I was ejoying ranked racing for past few days, and yesterday ebvening did two races in 235i on norschleife, first one was ok, and in a second one I was in third, then the two guys in front crashed and left, but not long after taking the lead from that the game just went back to multiplayer server list and that was it... Wouldn't be much of a deal, however, besides loosing some ranking i got served... -18 rep... had single digit incident points in that race so that blows... gonna have to spend a whole lot of time to dig myself out of that hole... anyone had such problems? Any advice how not to have it happen again? There is a limit of patience for that kind of undeserved setbacks:p

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Could be bad luck or a random disconnect or that your ping was too high e.g. if you were running on a server from another continent. Or that you reached the incident point limit and got DQd?

3. Mariusz Kazubek

Mariusz Kazubek New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was plenty safe from incident points limit, sat at 8 when i got that wierd drop off, it was european server so ping is not likely the reason, never had anny issues like that... it still stands as only valid reason tho... still -18 rep for being dropped due to suposed connectivity issiue? thats harsh...

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Were you using WIFI? Sounds like a random disconnect and it is harsh but has been debated to high heaven already in many threads. The reason is it is counted as a "rage quit" even if it wasn´t in this case in order to dissuade people from quitting when it doesn´t go their way. It´s cheaper to finish last or even get a DQ.