Future features I'd love to see added/tweaked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Feb 17, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Before I start, Yes we all want that "Perfect" Sim that is a mixture of all the current ones and a bit more, so this list isn't necessarily an impossible one, just things I'd like to see added/tweaked that could help this game improve for myself and perhaps others. Yes I also know S3 are not making this game for me myself and I! I'm well aware it's impossible to please everyone but these lists never do anyone any harm, they're just thoughts & ideas after all :)

In order of preference:

1. Dynamic Track - This is almost becoming a Standard in Racing Sims these days, RF2 & iRacing lead the way, AC & AMS have basic forms of it and even the most basic form is better than nothing. Having a Live Track Surface is simply great, seeing it evolve throughout the weekend and having to adjust your setup accordingly just like in real life.
    2. Flat Spots - I could be wrong and they're in game already but I've yet to notice them myself, please correct me if they are. They add a great next level of braking consideration to your driving, you think more about how and when you brake plus setups.
    3. Lose the Restrictiveness of the AI - Already discussed in other threads but for me there's 4 main areas that need to be implemented for the User; A) Aggression Slider, B) Spread Slider, C) Mistakes Slider, D) Improved Blocking Logic. I could go on and on about AI and end up with Z) *something* but I feel those 4 are the most important for now.
    4. Sudden Race Endings - Terribly immersion breaking to go to the End Screen like that the split second you cross the finish line, at least the option to finish the In Lap would be great.
    5. Day/Night Cycle - Fairly obvious, I find it a bit strange that it's not in there from the beginning, especially with all these great GT cars. (again though if it is and I'm blind please do say!)
    6. Lap Times at End of Session - I would like more information on the results screen simply put.
    7. Pit In Screen - I gather this is still fairly new so maybe tweaked in the near future, but when I have given my Pit Instructions I'd like to confirm it before entering the Pit Lane. What currently happens is the screen pops back up asking you to confirm the moment you enter which means if your Pit Stall is the first one you have no time to fiddle with the buttons to Confirm.
    8. VR Menu Option On/Off - Just a little thing but I think it would be good to have the Option of whether you see the Menus in VR or not.
    That's it, it's not an expansive list and I probably could go on a lot more, but essentially those 8 above are the ones that would make RRE that much better than it currently is :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    - Cars getting dirty
    - sparks when cars hitting the track surface
    - windshield getting dirty
    - cars show more damage (i know the SLS has this feature (not good but it have it))

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Add different weather conditions and the upcoming Ranking/League - System und we can say: Raceroom first - IRacing second ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    You want race 07?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Who doesn't?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Can't understand why so old (and imho important) features are not possible nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Ive got it, but dont play it, MP is way too quiet and the graphics are sooooo 2000s but with an updated graphics engine, who knows, where have i heard that before :)
    Poor design choices from the start with RR imo, quite a lot of R7 usability should of been integrated into RR but wernt for one reason or another, i guess with hindsight some things (quite a lot) would of been done differently.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    good points, I was thinking about those features as well yesterday while driving an Indycar on the Nordschleife. But any car that touches the ground should throw out sparks :) would be really nice to these those nice details

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Before they do anything, I'd like to see them finish the game.

1) Finish VR implementation and optimization
    2) Upgrade graphics to DX11 if possible
    3) Update cars to have full hand/wheel rotation
    4) Update older cars to have correct dashboards and interior detail
    5) Update AI to be just a tiny bit less aggressive
    6) Improve multi-player support

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Already in progress.
    That'll happen once GTR3 releases and RR switches graphics engines. Long ways off.
    Meh, bit of a waste of time to do this for really old content. Those resources and time can be spent elsewhere. Not sure if this'll happen.
    Already in progress.
    That was in this patch...
    That was also in this patch. Flag system, new leaderboard divisions, etc. Ranking system is in progress.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What I really want to see and this is why I'm also looking forward to GTR 3, is to have finally Multiclass Racing in Singleplayer.
    And for Online Competition a driver change would be great to have "real" Endurance Team events.
    Last not least LeMans would be the perfect addition for both ;)

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Well, we are yet 1 step further and closer to that goal.

With the flag system and making the AI understand blue/yellow flags... multiclass racing is within reach.

Although, there is all the UI work, making sure results work properly, and making sure the AI can actually race against cars of different speeds... but hey, any day now :p

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    This is all good news so far. Really like what i'm hearing.....other than the release of GTR3. Still not convinced that game is real, but hoping it is.

14. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    How about that :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Would be cool if we would have go around parts on the track after an collision in front of you. Or you lose your bonnet, hood, bumper, ... :) racing

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    BTW, is there some early implementation of this? Because recently when i was racing in CFEG 90m Suzuka with P2+GT3, I've noticed that game showed me only fastest lap of GT3 car and CrewChief reported only gaps, times, etc of GT3 class

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, not sure about this. In the past, whenever a fast lap was set, the game would always show the fast lap when a different class set one.

If you are saying that you are only seeing fast laps when the class you are driving sets one, then that may be new.

I really have no idea if something like this was added to the game or not. I dont believe all this UI/results/multiclass stuff is far enough along to push out by pieces to the public. But perhaps this was something simple that could be released. :p

18. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Screen Support|Screen Support|Screen Support

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see the Adaptive AI be calculated on more than the last 10 laps, or adjusted so that the worst 2 of the last 10 laps are thrown out, or that any lap that involves a serious spin or crash are tossed out.

20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Not the most elegant solution, but you could always use a fixed difficulty %.

Adaptive AI is quite complex, and it may be more fruitful to work on AI code than to work on extra features for how the game interprets adaptive AI data.

Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1