Problem G27 clutch disengage/engage

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GeneralMotors, May 4, 2015.

1. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hey Sector 3 , Love Raceroom but theres one thing that anoys me , is the disengagement for the clutch for g27 , guess its the same with other brands , when you play with damage on its very easy to damage the gearbox if you dont use the clutch properly , thats fine i like that , but the fact that you have to push the clutch all the way to the floor to disengage , and then you only have to release the pedal a fraction im talking mm's before it engages , what im asking will there be a fix where you can ajust the engagement ? or just change the engagement all together, this would make this game much more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    This has been adressed and is being packaged for the testers. It will be part of the next patch after which you will be able to adjust the clutch biting point and also add an "upper" deadzone to the clutch axis, bringing the 100% input closer.

On a side note we're also adding the same upper deadzone for the brake axis for load cell pedals users, it will allow to adjust how much pressure your need to apply to perform 100% braking.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Good to learn.

I've stopped playing any car with H pattern shifter on r3e because of this, waiting for a fix before buying Gr 5 cars :p

Can't wait for the release of the update!

4. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Wow , thanks for the reply and good to hear what is being done about it , thanks again.

5. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I love the new Gr5 cars , clutch issue didnt stop me from buying them , i just try to go on servers that have damage off .

6. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I just picked up the DTM 1992 cars on sale. I have a G27. Any idea when the above mentioned patch might be available? The clutch issue is not a total killer but is very annoying to say the least. Not sorry I bought the cars though as I have faith Sector3 will address the issue. Of course sooner would be nicer! :)

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know the patch for this is in closed-beta-test together with a bigger update since last week... so you may need a to wait just a few more weeks..

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No problem. I'll just play with damage off until then. I figured with their track record of fixing things it wouldn't be too long. Can't say that about many developers for sure. Thanks again! :)