Problem Game Crashes in Multiplayer...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TFalk, Jan 28, 2017.

1. TFalk

TFalk Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Game Crashes in Multiplayer...
    Upon entering multiplayer the game locks up.
    All other aspects of the game (single player, etc) work fine. The servers will eventually load (after about 30 min) but I can't move forward or back...nothing happens.
    I have tried verifying files in Steam and deleting the local game files. Also have updated all drivers.
    One interest of note, the game worked fine until the last update.
    Love this game, please help!
    Windows 10 Home (64 bit)
    AMD A8-3870 APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics 3.00 GHz
    AMD Radeon R9 200/ HD 7900 Series
    16.0 GB
    64-bit OS
    Thanks!!

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    When does the game lock up exactly? When you click multiplayer from the main menu and the server browser loads on the screen? Or once you select a server and try to load into it?

If it is after you select a server and try to load into it... do you remember what track and car class/es that the server was setup to use?

3. TFalk

TFalk Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks much for your response Nate. I think I've found the issue!...It turns out my router was hacked. I reset to manufacturer settings and was able to access (some of) the multiplayer servers. I'm still working on it because the ping shows up on only about 3-4 servers.
    To answer your question (for future references), it would lock up shortly after clicking "multiplayer" from the main menu. No servers would come up and the cursor in the search bar would blink 3 times and then it would lock up.
    Thanks again!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Ahh thanks for the info. If you have got it working, that's good news :)

Just for some info about the ping & servers... I dont believe it matters at all if the server shows a ping value, or the "-" mark, designating that the server isnt reporting a ping to you. In my experience, I have always been able to join a server that doesnt show a ping value, and I have also not had any weird problems playing on one of those servers. You can get the occasional lag, but that can happen with any server and can also happen in just about every MP game.

So, feel free to try joining those servers as well. You may find they work fine for you, and this will allow you a much bigger variety of servers to join, since you wont be limited to only using the servers that show a ping value.

Cheers

5. TFalk

TFalk Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Ahh..good info Nate!!
    I will certainly check out those other servers.
    Thanks again for your time and attention!

• Like Like x 1