Problem Game crashes in races only, others are fine

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Alex Stiene, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

i am pretty frustrated right now ...
    I am racing in an virtual racing league. Now it was race no.4, or better said race no.4 is still active right now.
    I can always drive all sessions training (60min) and quali (20min) without a problem, but when the race starts R3E crashes within the first 5 minutes.

Always the same way:
    Drivers/Track view is going blackscreen, virtual rear-mirror and HUD stays visible.
    After a second or two R3E crashes and the Windows-Crash popup will open with the REEE.exe error.

Attached DxDiag and the error-log (in german).
    No dump-file present in the "My Games\SimBin"-Folder ..-

What i have tried so far:
    - Back from Win10 to 8.1
    - From WLAN to LAN
    - Deinstallation Steam from SSD D:\ and fresh install to C:\
    - ... and newest driver installtion if one is present.

Any ideas?
    Can it be an AMD Freesync Problem?
    But i assume, i am not the only one who is using Freesync and no error like this is available in the forum.

Attached Files:

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    maybe it is something memory-related... do you use win 64bit oder 32bit?

you can try reducing number of visible cars in the graphics-settings and maybe reduce some other graphicssettings - track-details for example.

3. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    ah - and just forgotten... in the launch-options you can disable the Replay-Recording which will be written in your memory during the race. I guess that is your main-problem.

• Right Click on the game in the steam library.
    • Click "properties."
    • Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."
    • Enter -disableReplay in the text field.
    • Click Ok.

4. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    I also had the idea that the memory could be the problem. But all other games causing no troubles, like World of Tanks as example. And WoT is much more hardware-hungry in every way than R3E. i will try a memory-test when i am at home.

I am not sure when a replay-record will be started. At races only or also at qualifying? I am wondering why in the quali-session the game doesn't crash, although the same amount of drivers are on the track, like in the race. I will disable the replay and try to find a full server online. Otherwise i need to wait 2 weeks for the next league race-event ...

5. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The Replay is only recorded during a race and in Leaderboard-Challenges if I remember right - but definitely not during a Practise and Quali-Session within a Race-Event. Thats why I guess that the Replay is most likely causing your Problem.

6. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    A small update:
    I first checked my hardware (CPU/RAM) on Tuesday (again). After work, till i went to bed, i had Memtest running (~5-6 h) and in the night till morning i used prime95 for the CPU, without problems. On Wednesday i have updated BIOS/UEFI and resetted BIOS to default settings. Also updated USB 3.0 drivers.

Then i set the (three) commandline settings in the steam-library for R3E (-cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist -disableReplay). BTW small question: If i start the game via RRRE desktop-icon the commandline settings will be used?
    Also i have tried the "compatibility mode" for the RRRE.exe, that is described in some other crash/bug-threads.

I connected to an empty (training) server online and was able to drive two rounds. In the first round i also had the "blackscreen, but visible HUD and mirror"-error but the game didn`t crash. The game slowed done for 3-4 seconds, the it was normal again. One round later game crashed. But something had changed, i receive an R3E-error-window with dump-creation, not like before, the windows-crash-popup (without dump-file).

Ok, then i lowered graphic-settings. After the outlap the game crashed again. I checked with GPU-Z, V-RAM usage from RRRE was a gigabyte and the GPU was bored. So i assume the graphic-settings are not responsible for the crashes. The GPU (AMD R9 380 4GB) is far, far away from any limits. I also have no FPS-drops in online MP-races at the start. I am using Freesync (Range 35-75Hz) and the frames are always at 70-75fps.

Nevertheless i have ordered yesterday morning a new graphic card and today i will try the new one ...

7. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Sound really wiered... maybe you can add the Dumpfile that was created?

8. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i am also very confused ... :confused:
    I am pretty sure it is a R3E related software problem, not the hardware itself.
    Otherwise i should have problems with more hardware-hungry games like World of Tanks or Fallout 4.
    But there are no problems present.

In this S3-forum-thread [click me] some ppl also have my problem with race crashes only, but fine working train/quali-session.

I am right now at work - i will add the dump-file later ;)

9. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Attached the dump

Attached Files:

10. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok, some more news, suspicious behaviors and crashes.
    I have changed to AMD RX 470. To make it short, no improvement of "stability".

Yesterday was a preparation race for our 2-weekly WTCC-cup.
    I crashed in every session once - train, quali, race.
    In qualification i had following issues:
    When i was in "Race Monitor" my screen becomes to flicker (to black). The FOV view flickered only, the controls for camera or driver-change were fine! If i go back with "ESC" into the menu, the menu is also fine, but in the background the image is flickering further.

I drove out 2 mins before quali session ends. After the time was over normally the game switch to the next session. Not for me. I needed to disconnected manually from the server and connected again for the quali. This quali was running yet since over four minutes.
    In race i had the complete black-screen issues (but with working mirrors and HUD) before first corner, so i crash into the crowd, luckily game didn't crash then ... but one lap later my time has come for the final R3E-crash.

Then i have started to play a little bit World of Tanks. Unfortunately very unsuccessful, because is was totally bugged. I think i will stop playing R3E for a while, because the game gives me sleepless nights.

11. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi Alex,

We took a look at the crash dump and it's a rather random memory we've never seen before.

Can you confirm that you are also experiencing these crashes with replays disabled?

12. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Sonat for your reply and effort.

I start the game via desktop-shortcut, so i assume steam will "use" the commandline setting ;-)
    Attached a screenshot.
    I drove at 24.10 (monday) and no fresh replay is stored in the replay-folder.
    By the way: Is it normal the the Simbim/Raceroom-Folder gets always compressed by windows/R3E itself?

Also attached a dump from the session on monday.

Attached Files:

13. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    As requested the game logs from 24.10

Attached Files:

14. Alex Stiene

Alex Stiene New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Dump 1min old from Quali-Session

Attached Files:

15. chrishills

chrishills New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hm thats weird

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm gonna join in here, I mentioned this a while back and got no response so presumed it was equipment related, although everything else ran fine. I've not finished one race for weeks (maybe the odd one) just get connection lost and thrown back to lobby, server I was in is still racing!! :mad: becoming a real chore now, have crash dumps but on a different machine at the mo, will tack 'em on later! Better be sorted by patch day, so no doubt you have a goodly while to fix it! ;)