Problem Game not loading

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by AdamK, Mar 6, 2024.

1. AdamK

AdamK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just recently reinstalled RR. Game loads like normal, went into a practice session. I get the press any key to continue page and after that I get a image of the track, I get sound and I can move my mouse but no menu opens up.

So far I verified files on steam, uninstalled and reinstalled. Changed simbin to simbin-backup. Restarted computer, shut down computer and still getting the same image.

Does the same thing for a race session as well, haven't tried it in mp.

Any help and or suggestions are greatly appreciated

Attached Files:

2. AdamK

AdamK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tried a MP session and I was able to jump right in, exited and tried a practice session and still getting that same screen after the press any key

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any launch arguments configured in Steam? If yes, try removing them.

4. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I can only get the game to load about 50% of the time, and I've also had the same issue as you.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    some times the game doesnt load due to routing issues with your isp ; to check if this is the case ; try using a free vpn ; Proton make one ; so follow the instructions and run the vpn and run the game ; if it works more often than your normal connection then it is worth talking to your internet provider to see if they can do something for you

Andi

6. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    That was quick. Thanks for the reply; I'll try that.