Problem Game refuses to start on 3rd monitor!

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by sbtm, Apr 13, 2017.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I have two monitors on my desk and then one TV for Raceroom. The TV is Monitor #3 in windows.

Now we have the option in Raceroom to choose our favourite monitor. I always had that option on 3 so the game startet on the TV by default.
    Now, somehow, it switches back to #1 and I can do what I want, but it won't let me change it to #3. When I change it to #3 and click save it says "ok, changes applied".. but then I leave video settings, enter again and there is monitor #1 again as default. It just won't change. What can I do? I only get Raceroom to start on the TV when it's my only enabled monitor. It's really frustrating. It worked flawlessly since the option was released, but now somehow it doesn't.

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    now I set TV as primary monitor, it started.. on the TV.. then I tried to set monitor 3 as default in the video settings. Game crashed.

Dump-file attached

Attached Files:

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    jesus christ. It's getting worse.

Now i renamed the xml config for the graphics settings.
    Now I can switch between 1, 2 and 3.. but regardless of what i choose it's always shown on my SECOND monitor now. But it shows monitor 1 or 2 or 3 correctly in the video settings. It seems to ignore my monitor configuration completely.

Main monitor (display port) is #1 in wondiws. Second monitor (display port) is #2 in windows. TV (HDMI) is #3 in windows.

I had this problem first time last week. but then it worked again somehow. on Tuesday it worked fine too but since wednesday it's f***ed up again :-(

4. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

We're about to hit that sweet Easter weekend so it might be a while before we can help you out. But in the meantime, can you give us your game log files? You'll find them here:
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log

Happy easter!

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    here you go :D

Attached Files:

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0