Got To Say

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not Lifting Off, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    As pissed off i was initially with the patch and update issues after a fresh install of the game i seem to be on of the lucky ones not currently having any issues of note.
    I moan if its fucked up or just not doing as it should or if i feel something isnt right being missold\priced whatever it is, im not afraid to voice my opinion.
    With that being said.

This is my opinion, not so humble, probably arrogant, always right ;)
    I love it, the cars that i drive regularly feel much more alive, very R07 or GTR but a much nicer experience. Dont know what youve done wether its just down to tyre modeling or physics tweaks, aero adjustments, track grip, dont know do care, it just feels so much better.
    Ha, maybe its just down to a different wheel arriving just as the patch landed, who knows.

One thing i do know is i bought AMS in the BF deal, i played 14 mins, fair to say i really didnt give it chance but what i used of it i just didnt like, menus, graphics, idk something about it or maybe just the whole really didnt appeal to me, just something about it, oh yeah, that was it.....It wasnt RR

#notafanboy

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I just cannot start to like AMS either. It's really soulless compared to R3E. Try it once in a while.. but ..after 10 minutes or so I close the game again. Don't know what it is, it's just not really appealing to me. Of course it has decent physics and flatspotting. But the overall experience is not comparable to R3E.

3. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    on AMS I'd disagree on the soulless aspect, totally love their open-wheelers, mostly race the historic cars & tracks. Imo what breaks the immersion is that for the more modern content some detail is too basic, especially the simple colored cars. It works okay for the historic cars, but for most other cars they feel a tad too cheap looking imo. Where r3e always wins is sound and general track atmosphere (also nice ambient effects etc. very high quality car skins etc.).

Both are not good at non-race atmosphere, no team / player engagement between races, all very sterile (except for crewchief). Empty pit-lanes etc. I really hope that the SimBin title can do something on that front. Would love to see a sim with more story / off-track atmosphere. But I fear that SimBin due to their "official" series approach, will not do something "unreal", as historic racing on today's tracks is rather sterile, compared to looking at TV recordings from the 70s/80s with crowds dangerously close to track etc. More dirt/grit/life would be greatly appreciated imo, taking the liberty of a computer game vs the real thing ;)
    That's what codemasters always did so well, with their "menus" (the dirt trailer, grid garage etc.). Codemasters actually puts humans in the game ;)

• Like Like x 1